We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour help for Trogir?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
686 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tour help for Trogir?

Hi All,

I'm taking a "Portal" tour bus from Split to Krka, and on the return back, I asked the Portal tour agent to drop me off at Trogir, so I can walk around for a couple of hours in Trogir before returning back to Split.

I was thinking of doing (a) A self guided walking tour of Trogir (b) Or a guided walking tour

But it looks like most of the guided walking tours start at either 11am or 6pm, and my Portal bus comes back to Trogir from Krka only at approx. 7pm.

So, can someone suggest if I can find a local guide or share some opinion if I can just do a self guided walking tour of Trogir? I can probably download some google maps based app that guides me through too. All of those are options if someone has some suggestions on this.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
686 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tour help for Trogir?

Hi!

I listed down a few places to see (something like a self-guided walking tour of Trogir). My hope is that I can start at 7:30pm and get done by around 10;30pm, and then catch the bus back to Split.

1. Start at Renaissance Gate

2. Continue to Town Center -> Main Square (check out the shops and places along the way)

3. Cathedral of St Lovro (seen from main square)

4. Walk to the waterfront (see Kamerlengo fortress)

5. Hang out at the Riva

I've also downloaded a couple of iPhone apps that are offline maps that show the key places to see in Trogir.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 1:57 pm
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
16,226 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tour help for Trogir?

That sounds fine to me. Trogir old town is quite small. You can see it all in 3 hours and maybe have a coffee/drink or a bite to eat at one of restaurants at Riva.

Make sure you go to the to bell tower of St Lovre. The views from ups there are amazing. Narrow and steep stairs though.

Take a walk away from the main area into residential area to the west. Quite interesting.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 2:07 pm
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
686 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tour help for Trogir?

Thanks so much for the tips, @cromansydney. Appreciate your help with this. I've included your inputs into my Trogir itinerary.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,545 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tour help for Trogir?

Trogir island is absolutely tiny so you have plenty of time to see the sights and get lost in the streets. Walk over the bridge from, Trogir island onto Ciovo island - the streets here are part of Trogir municipality too and you can look back at the island. The boat back to Split goes from here. I would suggest going into the climbing up the Kamerlengo fortress as well as Sv Lovre belltower - the Kamerlengo is all outside so you get good views of the Trogir Riva below. Check out the times that the Kamerlengo and Sv Lovre close - it may be 8 pm. There is a lovely church - I think Sv Dominnk - accessed from the Riva which has a little shop (that's how you notice it) and you can pay a small amount to go into the old cloisters and garden with the remains of sculptures. Also, take note of the primary school on the Riva - it's an old Venetian building.

Reply to: Walking tour help for Trogir?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted