We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet camping by the sea in Croatia

United Kingdom
1 post
Save Topic
Quiet camping by the sea in Croatia

Hello tripadvisor! Me and a couple of friends are visiting Croatia for Modem festival in August, and we are staying in Croatia for another week and would like to find a campsite to camp (in tents) and relax somewhere by the beach.

There will be shuttle buses that can take you from the festival to Slunj, from which it says you can easily get buses to Split and Zadar, and our flights are then from Zadar back home. Thus a perfect campsite would be:

1. in an island or a quiet beach, not too many people and as natural as possible,

2. easy to get to from Split or (preferably) Zadar.

None of us have ever been to Croatia, so any tips would be greatly appreciated, from how to get to places, to specific areas or even specific camping sites! The festival is 6-12 August and our flights back are on the 18th. I have checked this link: http://www.camping.hr/, but it is hard to tell which campsites would be easy to get to. I've also read through some posts on here and it seems like you can get rooms for almost the same price as camping plot, would hostels be worth considering instead?

Mante

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Slunj
Slunj
Karlovac County, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Zadar
Zadar
Zadar County, Croatia
2 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet camping by the sea in Croatia

A campsite or hostel on the coast or an island with "not too many people" in the middle of summer?! Yes, camping is novel but no cheaper than renting a standard apartment. Anyway, Google "camping Zadar" or use booking.com for apartments.

Mentioned in this post
Zadar
Zadar
Zadar County, Croatia
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet camping by the sea in Croatia