We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia on a budget

Great Bookham...
Level Contributor
168 posts
69 reviews
Croatia on a budget

Hi. We're staying in seget vranjica for 11 days. We have 6000 kuna. We will eat out most nights, cheaply and not big drinkers, do like a beer or coffee also will use the taxi boats to trogir, a few days out on buses, and one day in krka ( possibly by bus independently) won't do a tour. Will that be enough do you think? Accommodation is paid for. Thank you

11 replies to this topic
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Croatia on a budget

Local buses won't be much. There should be an online resource to tell you how much a bus to Krka plus admission will be, but maybe we are looking at £40-50 for a couple, somebody can correct if I am way out as not time to look right now, not sure how far you are from it. 6000 kuna that is about £710, give or take. If you budget (and I am going on a very rough sort of average) a daily budget of £25 each a day for food and drink then that is £550. That is including everything including supermarket supplies for breakfasts and lunches. I assume though that where you are going is a bit cheaper than where we are going in Hvar. £25 each is our rough budget though we are prepared to go over on occasion. If you are content with simple pizza and pasta for dinner with house wine and beer you could do better than that if you self cater the rest of the time. You should be OK but I would check how much a chunk Krka would take.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Croatia on a budget

A quick check of getbybus gives me the cost of the bus from Trogir to Skradin for Krka at about £8 each with adult admission to the park for all locations at 110kuna this month, nearly doubling to 200 kuna in July.

Great Bookham...
Level Contributor
168 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Croatia on a budget

Thanks very much :) will check krka now. Im disabled and it says disabled get in free but not sure about tourists. Yes happy with breakfast in cheap bakery etc and supermarkets for lunch too. Thanks again. Much appreciated

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Croatia on a budget

I don't know about tourists either. Looking at the page with admission prices it stipulates their war veterans and persons with more than 50% disability but no idea if that includes tourists.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,602 posts
170 reviews
5. Re: Croatia on a budget

6000 kuna for 11 days wouldn't be enough for me and I do spend my money wisely. I suggest you take a credit card just in case.

How disabled are you? If your mobility is severely restricted, there might not be much point going to Krka NP.

I also doubt that tourists qualify for free entry to the park.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Croatia on a budget

I agree the budget is low but as there is no excursions or expensive activities planned, it is manageable as I think they are going to a reasonably costed part of Croatia compared to Hvar for us. Some of us don't like to rely on cards and just keep drawing out whatever as is sometimes recommended on here. Croatia is affordable for us in the UK but we still may not want to get into debt over it or lose track of spending. I would always take an additional resource in a card or two just in case of course. But I think I have only had to pull money out of a machine a couple of times over the years as a back up so planning wise I haven't done badly.

Edited: June 10, 2018, 3:11 pm
Great Bookham...
Level Contributor
168 posts
69 reviews
7. Re: Croatia on a budget

Hi. We don't have a credit card but have a debit card with a small emergency fund should we really need it. But we're not planning on anything overly expensive. I use a walking stick and would be able to walk & rest so possibly will be ok at Krka at my own pace. That's why we wont use an organised tour as i can't rush. Thanks for your advice

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
59 reviews
8. Re: Croatia on a budget

Sounds like you will be fine.

Edited: June 10, 2018, 5:36 pm
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,602 posts
170 reviews
9. Re: Croatia on a budget

You should be fine wiht walking stick. However, I suggest you either hire a car or catch a bus rather than an organised tour. Then you can take all the time you want without any pressure.

Great Bookham...
Level Contributor
168 posts
69 reviews
10. Re: Croatia on a budget

Thanks very much. Will go by bus :) I'm sure we'll be fine just panicking

Reply to: Croatia on a budget
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Croatia