We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry for foot assengers split to hvar /stari grad help

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
ferry for foot assengers split to hvar /stari grad help

I am having great difficulty trying to find a website to buy 2 single fares as foot passengers for the 11 July from split to Hvar. I would prefer a ferry where you can sit outside rather than a catamaran...time is not important. On many websites they tell you to buy tickets in advance as they book up quickly....I am getting so fed up as I cannot seem to find a way to buy the tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
3 replies to this topic
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
55,950 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry for foot assengers split to hvar /stari grad help

If you are going as a foot passenger on a car ferry there is no need to book ahead as there is plenty of room and you will get on that ferry....so no worries...just walk up and buy and enjoy the ride!!

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry for foot assengers split to hvar /stari grad help

Yes, as stated, you don't need to book if you don't have a car. The car ferries are indeed better than the catamarans. I found the catamarans to be stuffy, like there is no air-conditioning, although the Krilo one that makes a stop at Hvar does have an open air deck at the rear which is very pleasant.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
5,506 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry for foot assengers split to hvar /stari grad help

In thaat case use the jadrolinija.hr for car ferry to Starigrad (3-digit codes are car ferries), then bus/taxi to Hvar

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Reply to: ferry for foot assengers split to hvar /stari grad help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Croatia