We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia & Italy Family Holiday

Cardiff, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Croatia & Italy Family Holiday

Hi

We’re travelling from the UK and going to Milan with our children (ages 7 & 4) in July 2019 for a wedding and would like to take the opportunity to have a two week family holiday.

Ideally we’d like to stay in Milan for 3 nights then move on to either Lake Garda/Como for 2 nights or take the train to Zurich and stop for a night because I hear the train ride is amazing. The final destination would then be a more family friendly location on the coast in either Croatia or Italy.

The trip doesn’t have to be in this order just as long as we’re in Milan for the wedding.

We’ve never been to these areas before so any advice and information would be much appreciated. I’ve been trying online holiday websites but it’s proving too difficult to get any of them to put this itinerary together!

Many thanks

1 reply
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia & Italy Family Holiday

In any case and especially if you plan on driving as well, I would advise you to avoid the end of July if possible. That's when most Italians start their vacations and everything is jammed. It usually starts the last weekend in July and spills into early August.

Now, I can't help you with Italy but as for the vacation part in Croatia, it would probably make most sense to stick to the Istria region which is very close to Italy. It's actually the largest peninsula offering incredible diversity in very short distances. However, you would really need to tell us what are your interests (history, vulture, beaches, nature, hiking, biking, staying put, etc). Preferably the exact dates for the trip, how many days for the vacation part and where do you think you could fly from or into in Croatia. For Istria, it would be best to use Pula airport.

With that information we will be able to give you recommendations on exact places to visit and base yourselves in. Without that, it's like my asking where to go in the UK in July.

Reply to: Croatia & Italy Family Holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted