We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 days Balkans trip

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
15 days Balkans trip

Hi Fellow Travellers

I am planning a 15 day trip to the Balkans.

I am starting in Zagreb and would not know where to end up but need to fly to istanbul at the end.

I like to see Lake Bled , Plitvice National park , Croatia in general especially Dubrovnik and if possible and easy to plan Split and krocula or Hvar. Mostar and Sarajevo. after that I am not sure to go where , perhaps Montenegro and Serbia or Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia? Is it possible to visit Zaknthos island and Meteora in Greece easily from anywhere there like from Albania?

Any professional advice is really appreciated , also how to travel , with rental car or bus and what routes to take?

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 days Balkans trip

Are you flying to Istanbul after Croatia or adding in all those other countries before flying out? What are you hoping to cover in 15 days? Not everything I hope as 15 days is barely enough time to scratch the surface of Croatia on its own.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 days Balkans trip

Hi,

Istanbul is just my next destination after this 15 day trip so not included just mentioned so I can get advice which city to fly from at the end of my Balkan trip. I know 15 days seem snot much but I am not going to stay in each city like 2-3 days , maybe only in Dubrovnik. My priority is to visit best parts of Croatia , Lake Bled , Mostar and if I can go and visit Zakynthos and Meteora in Greece perhaps fly to there? or you have better suggestions?

Thank you

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 days Balkans trip

For flying to Istanbul Sarajevo is the best choice, as it has most connections - both by Turkish Airlines and Pegasus

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 days Balkans trip

Thank you both,

How about staying 4 nights in Zagreb for day trips to Slovenia and Plitvice Park and Zagreb and Ljubliana. Then Fly from zagreb to Dubrovnik and stay there 4 nights for day trips to Montenegro , Hvar and Mostar , and then fly out of Dubrovnik to Greece to visit Zakynthos and Meteora ?

Reply to: 15 days Balkans trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted