We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to cancel a Jadrolinija ferry ticket?

Hopkinton, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How to cancel a Jadrolinija ferry ticket?

Well, my wife booked all our places to stay, then asked me to book a ferry for us and the car we are renting (Lopar->Valbiska). Of course, after I bought the ticket (about $47 US), she changed the itinerary which changed the ferry date (23.06.2018).

I looked all over the website to find a place to either change the reservation or cancel it. I found a statement that says you can cancel and receive a portion of the fee back depending on when it's cancelled. However, I found no place to actually cancel it. I have sent two emails and gotten no response.

We're leaving on in a few days on 06/10.

Thanks, looking forward to our trip,

Dan

Mentioned in this post
Lopar
Lopar
Rab Island, Croatia
4 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to cancel a Jadrolinija ferry ticket?

Are you cancelling or changing the date? The tocs say 'One change of the date of the voyage is allowed free of charge, except for commercial vehicles on the day of departure.'

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
128 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to cancel a Jadrolinija ferry ticket?

I've checked Terms and conditions for local lines (https:/…local-lines) and haven't found a statement that you receive a portion of the fee back if you cancel the reservation. However, there may exist a possibility to change a reservation (I remember that I have successfully changed a ticket few years ago, but it was bought at the ticket office), so I would suggest you to call them (+385 51 666 111).

Hopkinton, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to cancel a Jadrolinija ferry ticket?

Ah, I didn't see the part about getting one change for free. The part about cancellation refunds is in the same section of the Terms and Conditions.

Thanks for your help.

email didn't help, I'll try calling.

Hopkinton, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to cancel a Jadrolinija ferry ticket?

Here's a followup.

I wrote another email to a different email address and got a response this morning. They said:

"car ferry line tickets are valid for all the dates prior your date of departure."

Ha, good to know.

Thanks again,

Dan

Reply to: How to cancel a Jadrolinija ferry ticket?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted