We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bare Boat Charter in Croatia

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bare Boat Charter in Croatia

We are looking at chartering a boat from Dubrovnik to Split next Easter. We are hoping that restaurants will be open then? Also finding it hard to pick a company to charter through. Has any one booked through Sail Checker or have any other recommendations . Sail Checker require a 50% non refundable deposit which makes me a bit nervous! Finally we are looking at a weeks charter to sail between Dubrovnik and Split. Is this a good trip and where are not to miss places to explore along the way?

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Sail Croatia
Sail Croatia
96 Reviews
Split, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
3 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bare Boat Charter in Croatia

Sail Checker seems to be a middleman. I would book directly with the company, such as Sail Croatia or Sunsail. Whenever I need to buy something on the internet I check that the company has a physical address. This company does, and it's in central London. It's a virtual office, meaning they pay a tiny amount every month to rent the address to use on their website. They don't actually have an office at that address. That's a bit of a warning sign for me. They could be legitimate, but that one factor alone would stop me using them. Sail Checker has a FB page. Many of the reviews are simply "5 star" without any actual in-depth review.

Mentioned in this post
Sail Croatia
Sail Croatia
96 Reviews
Split, Croatia
London
London
England, UK
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bare Boat Charter in Croatia

Thank you for your advise. Did you have any recommendations about travelling between Dubrovnik and Split by boat at Easter time?

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Split
Split
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bare Boat Charter in Croatia

It's not possible to determine the weather at that time, but it should be mid teens celsius, so it will be a chilly on the water. I have only visited Split and Dubrovnik in summer's past so I can't give an opinion. The weather at that time will determine your course, but the islands that are popular are Brac, Hvar, Korcula. The Easter Regatta will be happening at Hvar so there will be plenty of sailors to talk to, and it's the beginning of the competitive sailing season.

Edited: June 07, 2018, 6:14 am
Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Brac Island
Brac Island
Hvar