We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?

Hi everyone,

(1) Please how much in Kuna should i take to Croatia for 10 days for three people?

(2) To change my Euro to Kuna before i arrive in Croatia or i should change it in Croatia, which one is better?

(3) If i have to change before my departure, i rang some bureau de change & post offices but they don't have Kuna, does anyone know where i can get Kuna in Ireland (Dundalk Co.Louth)? Any idea as per current rate Euro to Kuna?

Thanks

Edited: June 06, 2018, 7:16 pm
Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
5 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?

You should get a better rate obtaining Kuna in Croatia. How much you need depends on what it needs to cover. Accommodation? How much eating out? What sort of travel and excursions? Where? Dubrovnik, Hvar Town etc. more expensive than average. General costs should be a bit cheaper than Ireland, but not fresh fish.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?

We're heading to Zagreb and accommodation sorted as we're paying on arrival in euro by bank card. Just need currency to spend on stuffs like cab/taxi from airport, foods & drinks maybe night out stuffs...

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
38,195 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?

We don’t know your spending habits. I got 2200 Kuna from the ATM at the airport (approx 300 Euros) and expect it to last about 7 days, not counting accommodation ( pre paid or on CC), or main meal of the day (also on CC). So far I have bought coffees, beer, entry to museums, tram fares, small souvenirs & fruit in the market, spending around 200 Kuna per day. I have not taken any day tours.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?

How can you plan out the expenses for all 10 days and bring the cash? Why can't you have some cash and use credit/debit cards where possible? You just can't plan the expenses, because you can't know how much you'll have to spend.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,645 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?

Do use the local ATMs

Reply to: How Much Kuna Should I Take To Croatia For 10 Days ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;