We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation by bus

Budapest, Hungary
8 posts
Transportation by bus
Save

Hey everyone!

I'm planning to have a 3 days trip to Bosnia-Herczegovina in July with my partner that would be look like this:

1) arriving in Sarajevo by plane in the 16th of July

2) 17th of July: next day down to Mostar by train

3) 18th of July: [and THIS is where it gets tricky] travel from Mostar to Herceg Novi, Montenegro by bus

I have read tons of forum questions and I know that Bosnian bus lines are a bit messy, so my question would be, what do you, Bosnians (or anyone who have been there) recommend? Should I find some bus line that I can buy ticket for online anyway or is it better just to be at the bus in the right moment and by the ticket personally at the bus driver? Is it possible?

And what do you think about BalkanViator and GetByBus? Are they reliable?

Thank you very much :)

Robert

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
21,914 posts
649 reviews
290 helpful votes
1. Re: Transportation by bus
Save

BalkanViator not, it shows the buses that aren't there anymore. Globtour, one of our chief bus companies, uses Getbybus too, so that one you can use

https://globtour.getbybus.com/en/

Because it's July, maybe better to buy the ticket in advance - buses may get pretty full

Budapest, Hungary
8 posts
2. Re: Transportation by bus
Save

Thanks for your answer!! :) :)

I'll surely use GetByBus than! :)

Budapest, Hungary
8 posts
3. Re: Transportation by bus
Save

I would have one more question (maybe you can help me out), that is about the train between Sarajevo and Mostar.

Don't you know where to buy tickets for it? (Because it's not available online :/)

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
21,914 posts
649 reviews
290 helpful votes
4. Re: Transportation by bus
Save

You buy them at the boots in Sarajevo railway station - one of the biggest in Europe - and least used.

https://rail.cc/en/sarajevo/sarajevo-central-railway-station/l3615

Budapest, Hungary
8 posts
5. Re: Transportation by bus
Save

Thanks again!! :) :)

6. Re: Transportation by bus

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: February 11, 2019, 2:16 pm
Get answers to your questions about Bosnia and Herzegovina
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.