We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iquitos guide

los angeles
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
iquitos guide

I still am not 100% clear on how I will get from Leticia to Iquitos but...I wanted to ask if someone could recommend an individual tour guide in Iquitos. I may want someone to take me a little around Belem because I would like to have translation. I would also like a guide to take me on a one or two day trip on one of the smaller rivers into the jungle and maybe stay in a community home/hostel for the night. Regrettably I cannot sleep in a hammock (would like to be in a shelter where I have a mat to sleep on and use my mosquito net). I am most interested in seeing plant and animal life along the rivers and also how people live on the rivers (their transportation, homes, fishing). And, I am on a relatively tight budget for this trip. Thanks for any advice. I have sent a couple of messages through Leap Local (which...profiles local guides) but waiting for any response (email may not be best way to communicate)

1 reply
Iquitos, Peru
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iquitos guide

Hello there, an older fellow named Juan https:/…juannicolas.maldonadoromero

has been privately guiding for decades, he is just the guy you are looking for.

Reply to: iquitos guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos