We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights running as scheduled? Trip in May

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
15 helpful votes
Flights running as scheduled? Trip in May
Save

I booked flights from Quito to the Galapagos for the end of May on Expedia, then went to the Avianca website to confirm our seat selection. There were only a few seats shown as unavailable, so I am concerned if the flight is not full it will get canceled, or possibly people just haven't confirmed seat selection. Does anyone know if the flights are running as scheduled or have been getting canceled?

3 replies to this topic
9 posts
1. Re: Flights running as scheduled? Trip in May
Save

To say the least I am extremely disappointed in avianca. Planned a trip for end of May of this year and they have changed the flight time multiple times without notification. Only way I found out was by checking the app, they did not think it was worthwhile to email and notify. The last update for me was that they canceled the flight all together. With hotels and destinations already booked.. have to spend extra day in guayaquil that was reserved for galapagos. Not sure what's happening but has influenced my travel plans. So please make sure and contact them to confirm the flight time and dates

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
139 reviews
124 helpful votes
2. Re: Flights running as scheduled? Trip in May
Save

Unfortunately Avianca has been changing flights since they started operating a few months ago.

I think is safer to use LATAM instead.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yépez

Guanguiltagua Expeditions

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Flights running as scheduled? Trip in May
Save

I also booked my trip to the Galapagos for late May with them. Unfortunately looking at reviews on trip advisor this seems common (at least currently) and it seems the customer service is often terrible. (Again at least currently). I downloaded the app now just so I can see if they cancel our flight but it makes it really hard to plan anything if they cannot be relied upon, especially given the Covid testing requirements. Are you able to at least contact your hotels and have them amend your reservations? Has anyone else has trouble with flights getting cancelled when going to the Galapagos recently?

Reply to: Flights running as scheduled? Trip in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.