We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

3 posts
Save Topic
Public transport

Hello

My family and I are going to singapore on the 27th of june for 5 days... I'm wondering if I should take the EZ link card or the Singapore tourist card... I read that the EZ card is better and i can use it for 5 years but I'm not sure if I'll come back to singapore again... Will i be able to give the card to another person when i go back to my country or should i consider getting the Singapore tourist card?

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
6 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,703 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport

It’s the best five dollars you’ll ever spend in Singapore, imvho. Yes you can give it to anyone you want.

I would suggest you buy the card for $15, $5 of which is non returnable and top up if and when you need to.

It’s cheaper per journey to use an EZ card, so the $5 kinda comes back to you.

The convenience is worth every cent of the $5 anyway. So win, win. imvho.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,233 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport

hi Lucy,

<<Will i be able to give the card to another person when i go back to my country>>>

Yes, ( standard) ez-link is not personalized, you can give to any friend or relative if/ when they travel to Singapore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EZ-Link

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,067 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport

The tourist pass wont last for the length of your stay and you are comitted to travelling primarly by MRt and bus for the duration of the pass. An EZlink will actually cover the length of your stay, and as a pay as you go system doesnt penalise you for days you choose to walk or to use a taxi which can be better choices for some attractions, and thise are why its better. So the five year validity can be ignored, and if you are unlikely to use it again then cancel it and recover any unused travel credit on your last day.

For a short stay like five days its also possible that your hotel and attraction choices are such that you could get away with just a few Standard ticket uses over an EZlink as well...although an EZlink makes buses muhc more accessible and cheaper to use.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport

If you don't think you'll return to Sinfapore, you can return the EzLink card at a Transit Link Office to get back any remaining stored value.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 4:37 am
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport

Thank you so much for your help

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport

You can refund the EZ-Link card at Changi Airport MRT before flying out. If iThe TransitLink Ticket Office closed, approach the Passenger Service Centre beside the gantry gates.

If the refund is just small change, spend it immediately at the convenience stores (landside) or Japanese-style vending machines selling knick-knacks (airside). The moneychanger will be reluctant to accept a few dollar notes, & will reject coins outright. If you're generous, you can donate to any donation box or tip box you see.

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Reply to: Public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted