We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
540 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn

Hello there.

I was going to book the Four Points Sheraton but I was reminded here and elsewhere about lack of amenities close by, including restaurants and mass transit options.

Upon searching further, the Hilton Garden Inn seems to tick many of the boxes, and is a fair bit cheaper too. However, the area doesn't look that great to me.

What I'm looking for from you good people is confirmation that this Hotel and/or area that it sits in is at least semi-decent and that there aren't any major problems I need to be aware of such as noise (traffic/parties) or limited transport etc

I'm more or less ready to pull the trigger and book this, pending any thoughts from those who are familiar with the hotel and it's proximity.

Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,854 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

It is located 5-6min walk from Little India MRT Station and Tekka Centre. It was given a major renovation before its rebranding so looks new and clean. The bathroom has a walk-in shower only, no bath tub. There is a small gym, an adult pool and a children's pool. The pool is small and has only 4 loungers. You can hear sounds from the Indian temple in the early morning and evening if your room is in the Annex and not the main building. It is positioned as an inn (a focused service hotel) so don't expect the same as a full service Hilton hotel (no overnight housekeeping for instance). Toiletries other than shampoo, conditioner, soap, bath gel and moisturiser are provided only on request.

Edited: June 12, 2018, 2:24 am
Mentioned in this post
Little India
Little India
3,563 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Tekka Centre
Tekka Centre
207 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,868 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden Inn Serangoon is a renovation of another hotel which used to be on that spot. Right in the heart of Little India. It’s nearly a 500 metre walk down to Little India MRT station. Little India is busy, crowded at times but interesting.

It’s priced well and if you know the Hilton Garden Inn Brand then you would be familiar with its quality level. I’ve looked at it for a few days of one of my frequent long trips to the city because I’ve seen some very good prices and I like the hustle and bustle and atmosphere of Little India. Haven’t stayed at the hotel yet as some other great deals came up.

Have you read it’s reviews on TripAdvisor -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-…

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon
Hilton Garden Inn...
566 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Little India
Little India
3,563 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
540 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks fellas.

Sounds like the hotel and the location are fit for purpose though my wife has some concerns about discrimination in local shops and potentially the hotel itself based on the demographics in the area. I'm sure she is just being overly paranoid.

I'm currently having a bit of a debate with the hotel about their room rates, but otherwise unless something amazing crops up elsewhere within Singapore in the next 72 hours that is a better fit, I am likely to be booking a couple of rooms here.

Thanks for the assistance thus far.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
4. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: June 12, 2018, 10:30 am
Edited: June 12, 2018, 10:30 am

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,854 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

What sort of discrimination is she worried about? Singapore is a racially harmonious society. Lots of Indian Muslims frequent Little India since there are two mosques in the district.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Little India
Little India
3,563 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Fukuoka, Japan
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
3,182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

I stayed this Hilton Garden Inn over the last weekend. As mentioned above, pool next to the restaurant on 8th floor was small. I saw only a few guests used it during breakfast time. Room had shower only. The only sound I heard in the morning was the church bell. I don't know which church was it, though. There're a lot of Indian restaurants nearby. I didn't notice other restaurants while I walked nearby. There's a sort of mini mart at the corner of the car park entrance. Shree Lakshminarayan Temple was on our way between the hotel and MRT Exit E. Too many Indians were on the street on Sunday evening probably after visiting the temple, which a local friend of mine was surprised to see. I saw a few security staffs and police officers near the temple. That was the only noise I heard in my room during my stay.

Fukuoka, Japan
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
3,182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

Although I didn't stay there, I went to Four Points by Sheraton to have some drink at The Best Brews which is located in the ground level of the hotel. We walked 15 - 20 minutes from Clarke Quay MRT station. Walk from Fort Cunning may be a little shorts. On our way back, we had a bus ride to Orchard Road, which wasn't long.

Mentioned in this post
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,930 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,585 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Garden Inn

What exactly are you looking for in a hotel anyway? Maybe you could let us know what are the aspects of the hotel that would be most important to you. If you are not particular about being in close proximity to Indian food, then other areas might be better for you.

Reply to: Hilton Garden Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted