We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus transfer from Changi Airport to hotels

perth, western...
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Bus transfer from Changi Airport to hotels

There used to be a bus transfer service (proper coach size bus or smaller) plying to hotels from the airport for a small charge (cheaper than taxis). However, in February 2018 there seems to be a change. They use 6-8 seater coach/van and the female staff on duty that day (a few days before Chinese New Year) told me blankly that I cannot use their service because of my large suitcase plus cabin bag. . Reason being the coach/van is too small to accomodate and it's ok if it's medium size !!! How ridiculous !!!

However, I notice a couple with 5 bags between the two of them (3 medium and 2 cabin) bought tickets from the ticketing machine and proceeded to board. I checked with the info counter staff and protested. She spoke to the coach staff and pointed out the discrepancy. They accepted my protest and said I could board....in 10minutes. Because I needed to shop duty free, I forego the offer.

Anyone else encounter this ?? Or have the service switch back to bigger coaches ??

4 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,291 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus transfer from Changi Airport to hotels

They are using 9-seater mini vans. Each passenger is limited to one piece of luggage and one piece of carry-on according to the website.

Bonny Hills...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus transfer from Changi Airport to hotels

what is approx cost to, say Bugis St hotel?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,097 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus transfer from Changi Airport to hotels

Airport shuttle : 9 SGD per adult.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus transfer from Changi Airport to hotels

The airport shuttle has only ever been reliably cheaper than a taxi for a solo traveller. The operator licence changed hands recently and so now theres a slightly different format including luggage restrictions.

At 9SGD for an adult compared to 20SGD base fare for a regular taxi to the city centre, its more expensive to get a taxi with luggage that doesnt meet criteria but not vastly (when compared to the order of magnitude jump over the MRTs cost) and they will operate the way that yields higest income with their vehicles.

Edited: June 12, 2018, 12:43 am
Reply to: Bus transfer from Changi Airport to hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted