We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Topic
Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

Im planning a 5 day family vacation with 2 kids (8 & 3 years) to Singapore. As I dont know the distances/locations close to each other and the time required to see each place and what is the best time in the day to see these places, can somebody take it up as a challenge and plan a perfect itiniery for me please.

Please note - 1st day will only have half a day after flight and wouldnt want to be hectic.

5th day - wouldnt want to do anything, rather than rest before the flight.

I have gone through a lot of blogs and have shortlisted these places to see.

1. Universal Studios

2. Singapore zoo / River safari

3. Jurong birds park

4. MBS skypark, River cruise / Gardens by the bay, would like to see these at night time.

5. Sentosa island (can somebody tell me what is there to see in this island other than the SEA aquarium) ?

6.China town, Little India, Orchard road (just want to see the place (maybe a taxi ride would be enough), preferably night time/ no shopping (P.S im travelling from Dubai).

Also please recommend a good ideal hotel to stay, for around 150 SD/night, which will reduce my travel and expense to these locations. Also some advice on food locations for each day would be great.

Thank you :)

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios...
16,753 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
19,004 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay
46,999 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Little India
Little India
3,490 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,315 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
10 replies to this topic
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
126 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

Adoula

2 & 3 are almost the same, you can buy 4 parks pass online ( zoo, river safari , night safari and jurong birds park ) start really early morning oneday with jurong bird park then go to the zoo. I covered the 3 parks ( zoo, river and night safaris ) in oneday starting from afternoon ( around 1 pm ) and finished the night safari with the early group ( around 7 pm ).

Universal studios is located in Sentosa. again, you can cover all attractions in Sentosa in a single day if you start really early in the morning

day one You are limiting your stay with only 3 and a half days. Thus you will have to make few sacrifices

I'd start from the first day, you can get like an hour rest and then start with exploring the city, gardens by the bay , the flyer at night is amazing

day two you can cover the wild life, meaning the bird parks and the zoo ...etc

day 3 you can see the historical attractions of the city, and pass through little india at night to enjoy the lights, and china town ….etc

day 4 cover Sentosa from morning till night

day 5 wander around some park or streets till your flight time

Mentioned in this post
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

Do you need to be close to halal food?

Your room budget is low for 2 adults and 2 children. Budget rooms are small so typically can only accommodate 2 adults and one small kid (many of these budget hotels define children as below 7 years old).

I get the sense you don't want a hectic itinerary due to your young children so don't follow the suggestion to visit 4 wildlife parks in a day.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

Since you effectively have only 3 full days and a half day, you are limited in what you can do. Note that the tickets for 3 wildlife parks is more than the the 4-park package so you may want to buy the 4-park package even if you don't intend to visit 4 parks. https://store.wrs.com.sg

1. Universal Studios (1 day)

2. Singapore Zoo / River Safari (1 day)

3. Jurong birds park (half a day at least. Some people stay longer)

4. MBS skypark, River cruise / Gardens by the bay, would like to see these at night time. (First day)

>>5. Sentosa island (can somebody tell me what is there to see in this island other than the SEA aquarium) ? ----<<

www.sentosa.com.sg

Too many to list. Skyline Luge is one of the top attractions.

Edited: June 11, 2018, 8:54 pm
Mentioned in this post
Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios...
16,753 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
19,004 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay
46,999 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

When exactly is your departure flight time? (I don't get what you're saying about Day 5.)

Until then, how about something like this:

Day 1 - GBTB, MBS, light shows

Day 2 - Zoo, River Safari

Day 3 - USS

Day 4 - Sentosa

Day 5 - Bird Park, Chinatown.

I can't fit in Little India or Orchard Road without knowing your priorities. If they're more unimportant activities (like for dinner & sightseeing-on-the-go respectively), you can squeeze them into Days 2-4 nighttime, or interchange one with Chinatown.

Mentioned in this post
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,337 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Little India
Little India
3,490 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,315 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

I read it as OP does not wish to do anything on the last day other than rest.

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

Yes, halal food please. Maybe a hotel close to some place where i can get indian foods, as my kids are picky eaters. Hotel stay - Dont have to limit to 150SGD, maybe you can suggest something nice and accessible.

Also any good websites to get best offers on these attractions ?

Really appreciate your quick replies. Thank you :)

Mohammed & Blitzonic, Noted on your replies. Will plan accordingly.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

You can consider the family room at Destination Singapore Beach Road. The room is a bit small at 19sqm but close by, you have Indian Muslim restaurants like Zam Zam, Victory Restaurant and the famous Koothurar stall. ieatishootipost.sg/koothurar-restaurant-aka-…

Edited: June 12, 2018, 5:29 pm
Mentioned in this post
Destination Singapore Beach Road
Destination Singapore...
452 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Zam Zam
Zam Zam
1,137 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
126 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

well Adoula, not sure if I can post you the sites on the public forum, I'll message you with them

as follows:

- for the zoo, river and night safaris along with the birds parks, buy the park hopper ticket, much much cheaper

- for sentosa and universal

- u can also buy the iventure card for Singapore ( google it online ), that would give you attractions pass, you may go for flexi pass

before buying any tickets, plan your trip wisely and realisticly, as in choose what you wish to do and make space for transportation ...etc. With your kids Uber should be good,

there are websites that would offer you hotel pick ups and drop offs along with the tickets, which to be honest didn't seem much of a cut on the total amount, if you chose to go with uber for example it won't be much different.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

There is no more Uber in Singapore. It has been taken over by Grab.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !

Be aware that buying passes in advance in general ties you down and you really don't have a lot of time to play with if things don't go to schedule.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 5:37 am
Reply to: Help on a 5 day Singapore itinerary !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;