We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kite surfing

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
39 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Kite surfing

Anyone been to borocay island during October, November. We are considering a couple of weeks holiday there. My husband is an avid kite surfer but I am not. I am happy to laze on the beach in comfortable surroundings, right near the ocean but with a pool. So, any suggestions as to where to stay that would keep us both happy would be appreciated. Also if you could advise on possible wind conditions at that time of year.

Boracay
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kite surfing

In October the wind is changing from Habagat back to Amihan. During the switch there is often little wind. In November the wind will be picking up and it can be a great time in Bulabog lagoon because the crowds don't come until mid December.

Have a look at 7Stones, they have a nicely kept beachfront with pool and your husband can find kiteboarding schools for help with storage and caddy assistance (inexpensive and recommended, as the beach is too narrow for safe self launching/landing) within 50m from the hotel.

Dubai
Level Contributor
39 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kite surfing

Thanks for the information. Great help. We already have our annual leave booked from work and it is only for October 18 - 31st therefore I guess we will have to pick another destination. Thanks again

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,005 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kite surfing

I would stay on white beach where during the day, there is much for you to do when hubby is out boarding...so ur not bored..huh! Hubby can make his way there in the morning to the kite boarding places...not that far. At night, you both can enjoy the many establishments close by if on white beach...7 stones will not do that for you....

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kite surfing

White Beach sounds like the best idea for you, as the kiteboarding area on Bulabog Beach isn't as nice at that time of year. Your hubby can get there from White Beach in just a few minutes anyway.

5. Re: Kite surfing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 27, 2011, 2:18 pm
Get answers to your questions about Boracay