We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport for 3 from Sabang to El Nido

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
43 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Transport for 3 from Sabang to El Nido

I'm looking for a van transport directly from Sabang to el Nido the end of February, for 3 adults. I notice the price can vary from $14 each to $150 for a private van for us 3. Thank you...

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,764 posts
2,125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport for 3 from Sabang to El Nido

elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/TravelCenter.ht…

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport for 3 from Sabang to El Nido

That is because the travel options on this leg are few. I second the el nido boutique info above as they seem to be among the few organized ways of travelling in and around El Nido. There are many others - best found thru your resort - but you wont know of their existence till you reach Puerto Princessa.

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Palawan Island, Philippines
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport for 3 from Sabang to El Nido

In Sabang you will see a stand just as you approach the beach which advertises vans to El Nido, but you have to transfer to another one at Salvacion on the main highway. I think prices are about 700 pesos

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport for 3 from Sabang to El Nido

There are some vans that go from Sabang direct to El Nido, just do as Dave mentioned in his post above and ask at the kiosk, most of the other vans are returning to Puerto Princesa, so with those ones you need to get out at the highway junction and hail down another van going from Puerto Princessa to El Nido, which in some cases can be difficult, because most vans going to El Nido will most likely be full, or you can hail down the Roro or Cherry bus that departs PPS every hour and drives past the highway junction.

You can make a booking with van services such as Recaro (to name just one) when you get to Sabang, and they will deliver you to the junction, and arrange a seat for you on one of their other vans traveling to El Nido.

Travel around PPS is not as difficult as some members say it is, and more than likely these ill informed members have not been to Palawan for quite some time, and even in the 4 years since i first went to Palawan transportation to and from various places has slowly begun to get better.

Edited: January 11, 2018, 10:01 pm
Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Puerto Princesa
Puerto Princesa
Palawan Island
Palawan Island
Palawan Province, Philippines
Reply to: Transport for 3 from Sabang to El Nido