We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earlier El Nido Island Hopping Tour

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Earlier El Nido Island Hopping Tour

So we decided to book roundtrip flights from Manila to El Nido on Airswift without much prior research. We really would like to do an island hopping tour but I'm not sure how it would work with our schedule.

We land in El Nido on Jan 24 at 8:15AM and depart back to Manila on Jan 25 at 5:35PM. I knwo, not much time, but it's all I had to work with and El Nido has been on the list for a while, so forgive me.

Most tours I've seen run from 9AM-4PM. With the flight landing at 8:15AM, I'm not sure we'd have time to make the 9AM tours, even with we just drop stuff at the hostel and head out. I'm not sure how often the ships arrive after 4PM, but that would pose an issue if we didn't make the flight back to Manila.

Are there any early bird tours that we could look at doing, I read someone saying they might have some that leave El Nido at 7:30AM? Or maybe some half day ones instead? I guess going private is an option, though pretty expensive.

My goal originally was to do an island hopping tour one day and rent a scooter and visit the waterfall/Nacpan Beach the next.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
El Nido
El Nido
Palawan Island, Philippines
Nacpan Beach
Nacpan Beach
1,822 Reviews
2 replies to this topic
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earlier El Nido Island Hopping Tour

If your plane arrives at 8.15am and is not late, you need to consider the time it takes to disembark, get your luggage, then find a trike to take you to town, which i think is around 15 minutes, so all up, you most likely won't reach town before 9am, so you will be pushing it i think, as some tours actually leave at 8.30am, especially if their boat has filled up earlier.

The next day you would only fit in a short tour as your flight departs at 5.35pm, meaning you will need to take your bags with you, and get back to town by 3.30pm/4pm to get your flight.

Nacpan may be possible on day 1 or day 2, but forget the waterfalls, you need to leave your vehicle and walk a long way to reach it, and it is not that great anyway.

For a scooter and island tour, you can contact Midnight Sun island tours, Pastor Ilde, the owner, does private island tours, has rental bikes as well, but if you go to Nacpan, i would do it on day 1, as it leaves you all day and early evening to return to El Nido, and do an island tour the next day, and ask if you can depart the tour early.

https://midnightsunelnido.wordpress.com/

Mentioned in this post
Nacpan Beach
Nacpan Beach
1,822 Reviews
El Nido
El Nido
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earlier El Nido Island Hopping Tour

I've gotten in touch with Midnight Sun, just waiting on a response. I figure it's not a huge difference in money to just do a private tour, granted percentage wise it's way more than the group tours. But I'm not going to go to El Nido and not do any island hopping!

Thanks for the advice on the waterfalls, that's sort of what I figured.

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Reply to: Earlier El Nido Island Hopping Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted