We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

London, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

Hello all! Question for you all! We are about to book a 4nights/5days Tao Expedition trip (taophilippines.com) however this way we would totally skip El Nido as we get there late the day before departure. Would we be missing out a lot by not stopping in El Nido (hence not doing the various tours A-D, visiting Nacpan beach etc) and instead just doing the Tao Tour? I am sure there is a lot to see in El Nido, i am asking given we only have few days to spend in the area anyway.

The other option would be to do a shorter tour with another provider (Buhay Isla) which is 2 nights/3 days hence having 2 more days to spend in El Nido!

Thanks!! Erik

10 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

I would stick with Tao, you will see enough different beaches on the trip

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,060 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

Tao has a great reputation and many of the guests used to stay at my friends guest house and had raving reviews. I would stick to the Tao expedition as you will visit islands with few people. El Nido is crowded, even when you take the 4 tours, boats everywhere !

El Nido, Philippines
Level Contributor
365 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

I've met dozens of people who have done Tao, and everyone has given glowing feedback on their tours! My friends who are guides mentioned that Tao can afford to pay more for guides than island-hopping boats (since Tao costs more), and so they cherry pick the best guides in Palawan. I think that's a huge factor in their popularity!

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
186 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

We did a tour with Tao years ago and when we got to El Nido we didn't bother with any other Island hopping trips. It's getting too crowded there. Stick with Tao.

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

Thanks everyone!! We booked Tao!

Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

Hi, Everyone,

I would like to do Tao in Feb. I see there 're 5day 4 nights expedition and Expedition combo which is 3 days 2 nights expedition plus 2 days island camping. Can someone advise which is better? Before Tao we will stay in El Nido to do some island hopping, after the tao we will also stay in a small island which is 10 mins by boat from Coron. Your advices will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

hi, MrErik84 ,

I wonder how was your experience. Would appreciate if you could share some first hand info.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

what did you end up doing?> i am planing the same trip!

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

Hello everyone, sorry i have not been active on this for a while. We ended up going on Tao and seriously, that was one of the best experiences we have ever had. we regret landing in Puerto Princesa and taking the van the next day to El Nido (we didnt go to the underground river). if you can afford it just fly to El Nido from Manila and spend a couple of days in El Nido. We met some of the best people on Tao, the food is amazing, the crew is super nice. I couldnt recommend it more!! maybe go for the motorboat rather than the sail boat as you get to see more islands and you are not totally dependent on wind to get around. Enjoy!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?

Thanks! So would you recommend 2-3 of days in el nido before or after tao - ? I just wonder is there are enough otherop activities to do besides island hopping

Reply to: El Nido - Just TAO Expedition is enough?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Nido