We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

Hi all, I just wanna ask if I can rent a boat in El Nido without using any travel agencies. I've read a lot of blogs and they said that I can go to the beach early morning and negotiate the price with the driver. Are there lots of boats or should I be there really early to get one? And how much is the pricing for a day. We want to do Tour A first, then Tour C the next day. Thanks so much!!

El Nido, Philippines
Level Contributor
366 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

It is easier to negotiate prices if you go after the morning rush (after 10am). It is crazy busy in the mornings with all the tour boats. You also need an ETDF. If you go the morning of, you will not have any food. That's another way to bring the price down.

Typically private tours are ~6000, but definitely less later in the day and without food.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
34,139 posts
4,234 reviews
4,181 helpful votes
2. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

Do you want a private tour or a public tour?

For a private tour contact Midnight Sun.

For public tours of you want to book direct go to the pier and negotiate.

Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
16,361 posts
1,365 reviews
466 helpful votes
3. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

All agencies will charge exactly the same price as they are not allowed to give a discount.

Kelseyville...
9 posts
4. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

Just back from 5 nts in El Nido, 4 in Coron. The boats are busy in El Nido so I would not count on walking to the beach the day of your adventure and getting one as you may be disappointed.

When I inquired about renting a private boat in EN I was quoted PNP 8000 -8500 from three separate parties. They were willing to bargin however. Contrast that with Coron where you can charter a boat with crew for PNP2500 a day! So if you are going to Coron as well, you might want to delay your private charter until then.

IMO the island hopping is better and less crowed in Coron.

At either place, ask at your hotel first if they can make the arrangements for you as they often have connections with the captains. Do not pay in advance.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
111 reviews
75 helpful votes
5. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

It depends on which tour you choose. My bf and I had a private tour including lunch which we booked from our hotel (El Nido Coco Resort) for 4,500 pesos, and since the resort is close to Corong Corong beach, we got picked up from our hotel and dropped off there as well. We read from others being charged more, and I am sure we didn't get the cheapest deal, but the price was fair and we truly loved the experience. :)

California
1 post
1 review
6. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

Hi, did you inquire while you are at El Nido already for the boat rentalaunch? What's the maximum capacity of the boat for P8000-P9000? Thank you!

Philippines
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
257 reviews
584 helpful votes
7. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

1 and 2 are spot on - but only if you want a private tour (which is not what tourists in El Nido normally do, as it is very expensive compared to island hopping rates in the rest of Phils)

If you want to do what tourists in El Nido normally do, it does not matter as al lboat operators charge the same

+

Boat operators share their boats and crew - so the name really does not matter as far as public tours are concerned. public tours cost in the range of 600-1000 pesos per head per day. The price is fixed - and posted on many forums, I have given a range as you can check this on your own. Tour A-B-C-D have different rates. The itin. for each tour is fixed.

Private tours cost anything between 6000 pesos (pre bargaining) to 4500 pesos (post extensive bargaining and only if the boat operator really needs the money that day) per day.

8. Re: El Nido, rent a boat for island hopping

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about El Nido
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.