We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Rock Resort - Balo Beach - Olongapo

Angeles city
4 posts
Blue Rock Resort - Balo Beach - Olongapo

We had a wonderful time on the beach enjoying the swimming and surfing. We had lunch at a place called Treasure Island and must say it was very good. Afterwards we were able to enjoy their pool and with their built in pool bar, we were able to enjoy a soft drink in the pool which we had never done before. That evening on the recommendation of another guest who said it was not the best place to have dinner but sometimes it was not to bad. We went out for dinner at the Blue Rock Resort which was not to far from the hotel we were staying at. I have to say it put a damper on our trip and was one of the worst meals I have experienced. The service was okay as the waitresses were very good and available at any time. Our problem came with the meals. First of all my family got their meal approx. 40 minutes before I was go get mine. Their meal they had no complaint about as it was made of chicken and came from the kitchen. I wish that I had ordered the same thing. I ordered a steak and it was the worst steak I have ever eaten. First, I ordered it well done and it came redder than some reds are red. If I had looked close enough it probably would have still been breathing. The baked potatoe came in a tinfoil wrapper and was slit down the middle. Upon opening it I had to use a knife to cut the potatoe up as it was so hard I couldn't cut it with my fork. I had these long green beans and when I took a bite from one I couldn't believe how hard they were. I gave one to my wife and asked her to taste it and said it appeared it hadn't even been cooked. The meal was a total disaster and I would not recommend this resort to my worst enemies. The cook, if you want to call him that looked like he had just come off a 3 day you know what. He may of not even known where or what he was doing. Have a meal served like this would make one wonder what the resort would be to stay at. There are to many good resorts in the area for one to waste their time visiting this one. Not recommended.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Blue Rock Resort - Balo Beach - Olongapo

In the Philippines, you are only asking for an adventure if you order a steak and potato.

2. Re: Blue Rock Resort - Balo Beach - Olongapo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: September 14, 2009, 12:19 am
Get answers to your questions about Luzon