We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Can anyone advise whether Palawan is significantly better than Bohol for a family beach holiday? Places like Panglao island look good value vs Palawan....but is Palawan hands down more beautiful?

*beautiful = clean beaches, clear water, white sand etc.

9 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Which part of Palawan are you referring to?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,451 posts
2,211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

With Panglao Island (e.g. Alona Beach) you can stay at resorts on a nice beach.

With Palawan the popular places like El Nido and Coron you generally you see the best beaches and scenery during Island Hopping, and not in the town. Port Barton and Sabang are some of the exceptions.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

If you want a nice beach in Palawan i suggest you look into staying at Port Barton where there is a safe, sandy beach, many new restaurants and a good selection of accommodation, but lacking quality hotels.

You might want to consider staying some days on a nearby island.

http://www.coconutgardenislandresort.com/

Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Not sure. Any tips or recommendations for either Palawan or Bohol?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,451 posts
2,211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

That's personal choice depending on your specifications. Both are worthy destinations.

I think we have provided some idea of the differences so ultimately you need to choose.Perhaps more research.

Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Thanks, grateful for the tips

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Having been to both - no it is not.

Actually Bohol is better than Palawan for families because it is far easier to reach (some beautiful parts of Palawan like Cacnipa island and El Nido are a pain to reach). The popular places in Palawan are Coron (which is easier to reach and quiet nice especially the beaches, but does not have something for everyone in the family), El Nido (a pain to reach - not a pretty town - all attractions are away from the town and very crowded) and Puerto princessa (easy to reach, but just a large town - the beach and bays are all away from the town)

On the other hand, Bohol - especially the more popular place of Alona beach Panglao - has a lot for the entire family -a a rive cruise, beaches, island hopping, bilar forest, tarsiers, etc.

As for beaches and waters - they are equally clean and beautiful not just in Palawan and Bohol, but in most of Philippines.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Bohol is about 75 islands. Palawan is about 1780 islands.

I am sure you will find nice beaches to suit you in both locations.

I have no interest in palawan except for travelling there by cruise ship, if one becomes available.

I have visited Bohol 10 times and stayed in multiple locations. I now prefer to stay in tagbilaran City by the sea and visit the beach.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday

Palawan has some very interesting and beautiful places to visit, but many of them are separated from one another by significant distances.

Bohol has some very interesting and beautiful places to visit, many of which are easily accessible from Alona Beach

Reply to: Palawan vs Bohol for family beach holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted