We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good tailors

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
60 reviews
34 helpful votes
Good tailors
Save

I am travelling to Hong Kong very soon. I have been told there are very good tailors there who can copy a garment from a photo for you very quickly. Does anyone recommend one that they know to be reputable who does that for a reasonable price. I will be there a week.

West Palm Beach
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
11. Re: Good tailors
Save

Do not waste your money on Hong Kong suits. I never saw one that looked great. A while back I had some suits made at the so-called "best" tailors in Hong Kong. I was never satisfied with them so I just threw them out. They weren't that inexpensive either. The way they cut suits makes them look like botched English suits and the finishing is really terrible. They must have trained gorillas to do the finishing. To compare them to a good Italian suit is like comparing 7-Up and champagne. English suits look really great but often the finishing there is not so hot, either but it is never as horrible as in Hong Kong. Do not be fooled by cheap-to-do custom touches like sleeve buttons that open and overstitching. These things cost very little.

Edited: 9 years ago
Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
179 reviews
147 helpful votes
12. Re: Good tailors
Save

The best tailor in Hong Kong - in my 30 years of having suits made in Asia - is HK Broadway Custom Tailor in Mirador Arcade, 58 Nathan Road, Kowloon. Peter Ng is the man to talk to.

NEVER fall for the touts or the adverts in the tourist mags for cheap suits - they are cheap because they will not fit you properly and you will never wear them unless you don't mind looking like some sort of homeless beggar. And forget the fancy shops in the Mandarin and the 5-star hotels - I have spent thousands there over the years, and the finished product is not one bit better than HK Broadway. Peter knows what he is doing, and will probably charge you HKD4,000 - 5,000 for a suit which would cost HKD20,000 in a fancy upmarket brand shop. They will give you a couple of fittings, more if you want, and their quality of workmanship is excellent. Great selection of quality fabrics too. Don't be deceived by the location or size of his shop. He is THE MAN.

13. Re: Good tailors

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

Edited: 9 years ago
Riga, Latvia
1 post
14. Re: Good tailors
Save

Highly dis-recommended: High Quality Fashions, Hasan, on Kimberly Road. Attitude of staff: simply appalling! Quality of suit: below average. Also, they charged my credit card before the final fitting. When I complained I was told to "not sound like a five year old baby". Avoid this outlet with a huge curve for a more pleasant time in HK.

15. Re: Good tailors

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
3 reviews
8 helpful votes
16. Re: Good tailors
Save

Nicole - on 1st Nov you both asked a question about best tailor and replied in an existing thread recommending the tailor you name above - a bit fishy!

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
25,204 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
17. Re: Good tailors
Save

Spam.

Los Angeles...
1 post
18. Re: Good tailors
Save

Stay away with Raja Fashions. When I went there, the prices were too high, the quality was too low, and on top of that, they messed up my order, so they had to ship the item to me after the fact. These guys were awful.

19. Re: Good tailors

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Hong Kong
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.