So we have a Cathay Pacific flight that arrives HKG at 5:30am Friday morning in September. We would like to explore Hong Kong a bit, and after a reseaching a bit we have planned a rough schedule. Hong Kong experts, please let me know if the itinerary below is possible:
- 5:30pm: Arrive Hong Kong
- 6-6:30am: Catch Airport Express train to Hong Kong. The train takes about 24minuts to Hong Kong central and cost HK$115 for same day return ticket.
- 7am: Walk to Peak tram Lower Terminus on Garden Road. 15minute walk
- 7:20am: Queue up for peak tram. Ride tram up to the Peak, take in the sights & then ride tram back down.
- 9am: Get Dim Sum
- 10am: Walk from Central Station to Star Ferry Pier. 15minute walk
- 10:20am: Take Ferry from Central Pier to Tsim Sha Tsui. Ferry comes every 6 to 8minutes. Cost HK$2.70 for upper desk ticket.
- 10:30- 11:15am: Explore avenue of Stars
- 11:30am: Take ferry back to Central Pier, taxi to Central Station.
- 12pm: Airport train back to airport. Flight departs at 2pm.
Impossible? Any suggestions/ ways to improve this schedule? We've never been to Hong Kong and we're only visiting because of a layover but we wouldn't mind exploring for a bit.