We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

Hello all -

has anyone ever flown HK Express? i am booking my flights to Siem Reap today. i've been planning on buying their U-Biz flight for awhile now. it's an early morning flight into Siem Reap. it's definitely the cheapest. and with the U-Biz fare you get 30kg baggage allowance.

i've read some reviews online and have noticed multiple people being charged twice. and of course loads of delays. this is a relatively new LLC after all. i'm totally fine with an LLC...and as long as nothing is canceled i can handle being a bit delayed.

if anyone has had any experience with this carrier good or bad i'd like to hear it. i can book air asia or Vietnam Airways for less than $50 more. just curious!

thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
17 replies to this topic
San Marino
Level Contributor
502 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

My experience with HK Express was OK

Edited: February 05, 2018, 10:35 pm
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

My experience (flights to and from Japan) was fine. Not even delayed.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

Great awesome! This was the encouragement i needed. People on airline review websites are very critical....and you hardly ever read anything positive. So thanks guys.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
187 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

I have flown with HK Express a couple of times, and with two flights (one to Osaka, one from Chiang Mai) delayed for about 4 hours with nearly a day's advance notice. As far as you have some buffer, that's not too much a problem. I'll still go for it.

Mentioned in this post
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

i went for it! thanks for the response. i'm staying at the regal both the night before departure and also the night coming back on arrival. so if it's delayed i'm not stuck in the airport.....thanks for the input!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,907 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

HK Express is like any other airline when it comes to on-time performance. You will hear horror stories, but realistically, most flights depart fairly on-time. Remember they are an LCC ("low cost carrier", not LLC!) so your ticket only gives you a seat on the plane. Since you are paying for U-Biz though, it does simplify things a bit. Just make sure the flight cost with everything added together still gives you savings vs bigger carriers (Cathay, Cathay Dragon). Sometimes when you add all the bells and whistles, you will find little to no savings. There is no in-flight entertainment, by the way.

Also, Hong Kong Express uses bus gates at HKG airport. Allow yourself a bit of extra time.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

yes thank you....i meant lcc, hahaha. and yes it is still savings compared to the other carriers even with U-biz. like USD$50 than Air Asia and Vietnam Airlines...the other chinese carriers are a lot more.

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

Hi ,just wondering if you ended up booking this route with Hong Kong express?im looking at doing siem reap to Hong Kong and was interested to see what your experience was like ?

Mentioned in this post
sg
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

I flew with them twice and it was a pleasant LCC. great hardworking crews and also honestly I found HK express has one of the best app ever. People typically write reviews when they have bad experience to vent and good experience is the expected experience and nothing to shout about. I usually do Fun+ Seats which also gives you free checked luggage and seats selection. Depending on your flight timing n duration you may not need a meal if you ate one at the airport , and the priority boarding pass is a hit and miss really. I have seen people holding it and having no priority boarding for bus gates ( compensated with another pass for next time use). Choosing u-biz depends on the price difference at lpoint of purchase if it's worth for the extra perks I guess. Have a fun trip!!

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap

Hi J_Keane1234, i did indeed book with HK Express. Hong Kong to Siem Reap in December 2018. which is a long time away, i know, but i like to plan my trips way in advance. I will say, I do feel like I made the right choice in booking HK Express. but i did my research. i talked to the airline on FaceBook. i also purchased a U-Biz fare....which, to me, it seems as if you're going to need baggage allowance this is a pretty good deal. besides the flight with U Biz was only HKD$2621 or about USD$330.

now, i am 100% well aware of everything involved with this low cost carrier. i know what i can do. and what i can not do. i know my baggage allowance as well as my carry on baggage. i know that i am not going to get even a cup of water for free. and i also know that sometimes this carrier has delays. but i am 100% fine with it.

i'm actually really looking forward to flying this airline. i'm somewhat of an airline junkie...and i especially enjoy Asian low cost carriers, so i expect i am the type of customer that it would take a lot to let me down.

i agree with the above poster. HK Express has a very great app. as well as a very straight forward website booking process. and also that the majority of the reviews on Trip Advisor are from angry, disheveled customers. as long as you read the rules, know exactly what you're buying, know exactly what you can and can not do on this 'Low Cost Carrier' then you should be just fun.

also, Fun is only maybe HKD$20-30 cheaper than Ubiz. at least on the routes i looked.

enjoy your trip!!

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Reply to: HK Express airlines to Siem Reap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted