We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?
Save

I'm looking to see if anyone has booked and used "Travel Beijing Tour" to book a group or private Beijing tour? Their prices seem good but I noticed they do push people through a jade factory as part of the tour. Thank you!

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
11. Re: Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?
Save

Edited: 3 years ago
Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
12. Re: Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?
Save

Hi, did you end up using this company and if so how did it go.I am looking at booking this for December for the 4 days including hotel

Manila, Philippines
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
13. Re: Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?
Save

I used this site to book a tour of Mutianyu Great Wall for only 12USD per person: https://www.travelbeijingtour.com/beijing-group-tours/mutianyu-bus-tour.html

(Transpo back and forth and great wall tickets, trip to Jade Factory). I prefer to tour during morning on Mutianyu, only one side trip, and cheaper. Other travel agency offers that I found has a scheduled Mutianyu tour during the afternoon because of side trips on early morning so I didn't take it. This tour that travelbeijingtour offers definitely suited my preference.

At first I think this seems too good to be true because it's cheap and I believe they won't profit from us. Great Wall ticket already cost around 5.8 USD. The reviews for this agency are very few and I'm a bit hesitant to book. Anyway, I still contacted the travel agency through wechat and after exchanging messages with them, I decided to take the tour. I asked why it's so cheap and the representative (his name's John) said that it's their promotional price but will be changed anytime soon.

Fast forward to Oct. 30, 2018, our tour to Mutianyu. I was expecting that we will be using a coach bus to go to Great Wall but we used a private van so I was very satisfied. I felt like we were on a private tour. Us tourists are only 5 (Three of us friends, and two people from other country). Sabrina is the name of our tour guide and explained the history of Great Wall. Her english is also good.

We were picked up from our hostel by 7 am and arrived at Jade Factory around 8 am. The representative of that factory explained to us how to distinguish the genuine jade from the fake. There are no forced shopping and we also left without buying. After that we went to Mutianyu around 8:40 am. We paid in cash (80 CNY per person) to Sabrina when we reached the entrance to the wall. I noticed the Mutianyu was less crowded when we went up. I'm not sure if it's because it's morning. My friends and I used a cable car to go up and hiked until we were tired. The weather is sunny and it's not so cold during that time (It's autumn during this month). I even took off my coat.We used toboggan slide to go down. It was so fun! After we went down, I realized that someone took our photo during the slide. I was happy because using phone is prohibited hence I wasn't able to take a picture while using the slide. I bought my photo as souvenir.

We went back to our meeting place by 1 pm and were able to return to our hostel by around 2 pm. We are still able to rest after that. I'm very satisfied because we have saved time. Other tour finishes until 4 pm to 6 pm. After experiencing the service and getting back to our hostel safe, I can say that this site is legit and real cheap as compared to other tour that I searched.

14. Re: Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?
Save

I have used travelbeijingtour.com on 16th December 2018. I truly recommend their services. The company is reliable and there is nothing to worry about. I am posting this message as I could not find any opinions myself.

I was looking for a one-day tour which features the Forbidden City, Tiennanmen square and Great Wall. One week before the tour I made a booking, with the option to pay with cash on the tour. As they declared in the informational email, the day before the tour they contacted me by text message and wechat (and also left a message in my hotel) and informed me from where they are going to pick me up the next day in the morning. The pick up place was just few meters from my hotel. Their bus arrived on time. Then we had a tour as according to the programme. The guide was speaking fluent english, however his chinese accent was probably difficult to understand for foreigners, who are just short time in China. He was also a friendly person and willing to help some turist with their unrelated to the tour problems. We first visited Tienanmen, next Forbidden City, next Jade factory (and outlet), next took a scenic route to Great Wall at Mutianyu, had lunch there (food was very good and versatiole and already waiting for us), and were given two hours to visit the Wall on our own. On the way back we visited tea store and attended tea brewing ceremony. The weakest points for me were Jade factory and tea ceremony. The first one looked as staged just for us. However, noone insisted on us to buy anything. Nevertheless, you leave these places with some remorse that maybe you should have bought something. If someone is actually planning to buy Jade in China, he probably will not regret visiting that place.

To conclude, the company is trustworthy.

15. Re: Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: December 17, 2018, 11:23 pm
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
1,575 reviews
708 helpful votes
16. Re: Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?
Save

I am planning on booking with that company for a two day bus tour in January. I am hoping we can book when we arrive in Beijing instead of booking weeks ahead of time.

17. Re: Has anyone used travelbeijingtour.com?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: December 19, 2019, 2:41 pm
Get answers to your questions about Beijing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.