We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting an Entry Visa

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Getting an Entry Visa

What is the best way to get a Visa? When arriving or in advance? Can it be done online? How much does it cost?

10 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,725 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

If you’re a US citizen you can get a visa on arrival in Egypt or an e-visa before travelling. Both visas are good for 30 days and cost $25 per person. The visa on arrival is cash only, All in all, it’s probably the easiest.

Edited: June 10, 2018, 4:53 pm
Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
9,387 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

Hi Khalid

Definitely easier to get it on arrival, but if you wanna do it online beforehand, this is the official website.

visa2egypt.gov.eg/eVisa/Home

Enjoy egypt 👌🏽

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
878 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

As the others have mentioned, it's probably easiest to do visa-on-arrival. Some travelers have used the online system without problem, but others have had a lot of hassle. Also, be sure to use the real website, as linked above. Some people are fooled by other sites.

And, you do have a third option if getting a visa from the Egyptian consulate in Los Angeles. It's $15 (plus mailing, if needed) and they can issue a multiple-entry visa, if you need that. But, visa-on-arrival is still easier.

Greater London...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

does anyone know how long the single entry e-visa lasts?

i applied for a single entry visa last year through the egyptain embassy in england, and it says 60 days....is this the same for e-visas?

also does anyone know if i can attach a picture of my passport taken with my phone?

or whether the picture needs to be scanned in?

thanks in advance!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,961 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

Evisa is single entry 30 days.. multi Evisa is also 30 days

Karen

Australia
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

Can I ask it seems the e-visa is the same price as getting it at the airport - being that the airport would take longer and having to have cash why do you prefer the on arrival method. I am more curious as looking at the link provided seems easier via e-visa ( I assume you just go straight through with the e-visa too). Cheers 😊

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

Jack, some faced glitches online trying to obtain an e visa, plus it is a consensus that it just takes a few min to get it on arrival and at any rate you will go wait for your luggage, so all in all it is the best option for most.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

Thanks for that spindocEg - good to know and agree with the fact you wait for your luggage anyway lol as I have used it for Cambodia Evisa and it was easy but then VOA for Vietnam which was easy as well 😊

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

Np, still, some do like the idea of securing a visa prior to travel and going thru immigration directly and a few regulars here almost always get their visas online now without incident, so it is really up to you if you wanna give it a go, just make sure to use the official website https://visa2egypt.gov.eg

Australia
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting an Entry Visa

Thankyou much appreciated your advice and the link

Reply to: Getting an Entry Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted