We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
317 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations

In September I’ll be traveling to Hurghada for a scuba liveaboard. Afterwards I’ll have a Sat afternoon, and all day Sunday in Cairo before a flight at 2am Monday.

My goal is to see the Egyptian Museum, Khan El-Kalili, and lPyramids in Giza during this time. I’d like a good location for these, and ideally some western food as I’ll prob be missing food from home after 7 nights at sea.

Looking at the Holiday Inn CityStars. Any other good recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Giza
Giza
Giza Governorate, Egypt
Holiday Inn Cairo - Citystars
Holiday Inn Cairo...
693 Reviews
Cairo, Egypt
7 replies to this topic
1. Re: Hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: June 15, 2018, 2:33 am

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations

You may find City Stars out of the way / inconvenient for what you want to do.

Personally I would proostay downtown in any of the places already suggested, enjoy the evening either on the Nile or around it. Because of traffic on a Sunday I would head first to the pyramids, then the museum then Khan el Khalili. You could either go back to the hotel which wouldn’t be far from the souk to collect your bags or hire a car and driver, leave your bags in the car and go straight to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Khan El Khalili
Khan El Khalili
177 Reviews
Giza, Egypt
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations

You may find City Stars out of the way / inconvenient for what you want to do.

Personally I would probably stay downtown in any of the places already suggested, enjoy the evening either on the Nile or around it. Because of traffic on a Sunday I would head first to the pyramids, then the museum then Khan el Khalili. You could either go back to the hotel which wouldn’t be far from the souk to collect your bags or hire a car and driver, leave your bags in the car and go straight to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Khan El Khalili
Khan El Khalili
177 Reviews
Giza, Egypt
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations

Sorry Catherine... but I think my suggestion works better... Khan Khalili on Saturday and so not trying to cram too much in on the one day on Sunday...

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations

There’s no right or wrong way to do it, all we can do is give suggestions and each person decides on what works for them... quite often completely different to what was suggested!!

11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations

Good idea

Edited: June 12, 2018, 10:54 am
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
317 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendations

Thank you all for the recommendations. I think I’ll stay closer like most you suggested.

I’ll be landing at 12 on a domestic flight, so assuming it is on time I was planning on dropping stuff off at hotel, then going to museum, then Khan el Kalili. Next day pyramids (early), museum if I needed more time, then shop before going to hotel to shower and head to airport. I’m flying to Dubai-JFK-Tampa to keeping hotel 2 nights so keep bags safe and have shower facilities.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reply to: Hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted