We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

Logan, Utah
6 posts
Save Topic
New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

Luckily I noticed this before I booked my trip, so I can wait the 6 months but I would like to know: would I get turned away from entering Egypt or they will not let me leave America? Has anyone had any problems not having your new passport long enough? I had a passport when I was 15, but it had expired and I had to get a new passport for an "adult" version.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
6 replies to this topic
Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

Enjoy your trip. Guess what matters is having a passport that is valid at least six months upon arrival. At some stage we all have new passports issued and may travel shortly thereafter, regardless of nationality.

Edited: June 08, 2018, 8:37 am
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,587 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

Exactly whit1919. As I responded in your other post, no worries with a 'new adult passport'; it is valid the moment it is issued and you will be fine to travel worldwide with it. Safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

If you have time, then definitely get a new passport or get your current one's validity extended. Most likely the passport control will let you in the country with 4 months left, especially if you have your return ticket booked with less than that. But there is that risk they won't. Airlines however, especially when overbooked on certain flights, will be happy to bar your travel if your passport does not have the required validity.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

Swiss you've read it wrong....

The OP has a new passport and it's only 4 months old,..

You'll have no issues with that passport, as spindoc has already explained, a passport is valid as soon as you've received it.

Enjoy egypt 👌🏽

Edited: June 08, 2018, 4:58 pm
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

Wow ! I’m coming down with Clintitis ! :-) Must be age !

Definitely read it wrong, didn’t I !

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt

Swiss, Clint, I must admit I read the post a few times to make out exactly what the point was or what OP was worried about or wanted to clarify. I did not get it at first just like Swiss :) Peace :)))

Reply to: New Adult passport for 4 months, heading to Egypt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted