We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advise Required

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
171 reviews
66 helpful votes
Itinerary Advise Required
Save

Hi All,

Hoping that all of you experts can provide feedback on my itinerary & if I need to reduce/increase times at certain places. My key interests are photography, visiting temples, and a bit of hiking where possible, taking in remote villages. Trip will be on my own (mid 40's female), travelling independently. Enjoy meeting other people, eating local foods & having a beer or two.

2nd January fly Melbourne to Yangon for three nights (two days sightseeing). Staying Wai Wai's

5th January fly to Bagan for three nights (temples, balloon ride). Staying Zfreezi Hotel

8th January bus to Mandalay for three nights (U Bein bridge, Inwa, Mingun, Pyin Oo Lwin). Staying Ma Ma Guesthouse

11th January bus to Kalaw for three nights (couple of day treks in local area). Staying Thitaw Lay House.

14th January bus to Nyaungshwe for three nights (lake tour, Red Mountain winery, markets). Maybe Zawgi Inn but looks a little run down.

17th January fly Heho to Thandwe for Ngapali for five nights. Too long? Staying Yoma Cherry.

22nd January fly to Yangon for one night.

23rd January fly Melbourne

Any advice at all regarding the itinerary or must see/must do activities appreciated.

Cheers, Katt

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
27 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Itinerary Advise Required
Save

1) what time do you arrive Yangon? leave Yangon till last (you only have 3 weeks )

2 ) 1 night next am fly Mandalay have GH taxi meet you at airport and do the sagaing inwya Ubein day trip from there as sagaing bridge is close by next am Mingun and also Mandalay hill + city walkabout station etc

5 nights to incluide bus to Hsipaw back to Kyuakme one night and one full day here see my link then from here over the Viaduct by train to Pynaloowyn and then overnight bus from here or Mandalay to Bagan

3 nights and 2 full days here and day bus direct to Inle lake Naungshwe Gypsy or GWY II

3 full days here include trip to Taungyyi with pick up (boatman sign ) and include trip from there shared taxi to Kakku take reliable boatman from GH or zaw and Maw at bridge do the 5 day market when its furthest down lake and not when its at floating market (eat here over bridge from temple )

1 day 1 night Kalow see my suggested trek no guide needed eat Thazi or noodle shop opposite Pineland restaurant (barber shop in day take your own beer with you lol bench seats to eat ) 1st left best tea shoppe do not entertain Golden lilly . then overnight bus to Yangon 2 nights; shwedagon ASSK's house Inway lake Colonial buildings before they are knocked down like some of the famous colonial hotels near the ministers office more info here :

http://montymanstravels.com/?page_id=19

some photos Myanmar but very unprofessional just for memory lol

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11030495@N03/albums

2. Re: Itinerary Advise Required

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 08, 2016, 1:17 pm
Get answers to your questions about Myanmar
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.