We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Anse Vata

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Anse Vata

I am taking a group of students to Noumea and will be Friday and Saturday night in Anse Vata. Am looking for recommendations for a couple of affordable restaurants that we can dine at. Problem is cost - being kids and not having a huge budget. I am told Bay des Citron also has places - how far a walk is this from the Nouvata?? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Mentioned in this post
Noumea
Noumea
Grand Terre, New Caledonia
Anse Vata Beach
Anse Vata Beach
890 Reviews
Nouvata
Nouvata
651 Reviews
3 replies to this topic
Lake Macquarie...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Anse Vata

Bay des Citrons is about a 45minute walk from the Nouvata. Prior to 7.30pm you could catch a number 10 or Number 11 bus to this area and perhaps walk back. There is a short cut across the back of the old Le Surf Hotel.

Almost next door to the Nouvata is Le Fare du Palm Beach. This is a casual dining restaurant and by Noumean standards is very reasonably priced. They have a very extensive menu ranging from burgers and fries to plated meals of the day.

A little further along the promenade there is a rather large pizza place - I have no idea of the prices, but like most of the restaurants they should have their menu displayed in the window.

Mentioned in this post
Nouvata
Nouvata
651 Reviews
Le Surf Hotel
Le Surf Hotel
226 Reviews
Le Fare du Palm Beach
Le Fare du Palm Beach
293 Reviews
Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Anse Vata

Thanks for that advice. will give them a go.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Anse Vata

You could look at pizza and pasta restaurant, but I think your best bet would be the Rimba Juice bar, they do good burgers, and are reasonably priced by Noumea standards. They are close to each other in Baie de citrons, and there are 2 ATMs in front of Pizza and pasta if needed. A 10 or 11 will get you there but you will probably have to walk back.

The bus stop is right in front of Rimba, but they stop running early.

Reply to: Restaurants in Anse Vata
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Noumea