We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Noumea to Îlot Maître by water taxi

2 posts
Save Topic
From Noumea to Îlot Maître by water taxi

Hi, I'm sohoon that I plan to go to New caledonia travel by cruise. We are willing to travel by cruise with limited time so we don't have enough time to look around in Noumea and Îlot Maître. We will be arrived at 3pm and we will be departed at 10pm. I searched on internet but water taxi will be finished at 5pm.

(1) Is it true that they will be finished at 5?

(2) Otherwise, is there any other way to go there and come back?

(3) If traveling to Îlot Maître is impossible, then what will be better to do in Noumea?

Mentioned in this post
New Caledonia
New Caledonia
South Pacific
Noumea
Noumea
Grand Terre, New Caledonia
2 replies to this topic
Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
898 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Noumea to Îlot Maître by water taxi

Hi,

The "scheduled" taxi boats from Anse Vata operate until 4.30PM from May to September, 5.30 the rest of the year: www.ileauxcanards.nc/activites/navette/

Other taxi boats can operate on demand at other times, and may depart from Port Moselle which is closer from the harbour station than Anse Vata: http://www.maisondulagon.nc/en/taxi-boat - however note that depending on the month, the sunset can be as early as 5.30PM.

You can also use the shuttle boat of the hotel located on Ilot Maitre, departing from Port Moselle as well. Timetable at the bottom of this page: www.glphotels.nc/escapade-ilot-maitre-en.html

Mentioned in this post
Anse Vata Beach
Anse Vata Beach
890 Reviews
Ilot Maitre
Ilot Maitre
393 Reviews
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Noumea to Îlot Maître by water taxi