We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New curfew times.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
New curfew times.
Save

As of today, curfew times will be from 11PM until 6AM. With stores and facilities closing at 10PM.

https://en.royanews.tv/news/27871/2021-05-12

The Jordanian Mappers.

8 replies to this topic
Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
16,011 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: New curfew times.
Save

Happy locals and happy tourists. Its looking good and can only look better inshallah

a reason to celebrate. A Double celebration this Eid

raymond

amman pasha hotel

Edited: May 13, 2021, 4:14 pm
Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: New curfew times.
Save

Happy Eid Raymond!

Yousef Moummar

The Jordanian Mappers

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,011 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: New curfew times.
Save

Yousef Eid Mubarak to you and to all jordanian friends

Raymond

USA
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: New curfew times.
Save

I land at AMM late at night and will need to take a taxi to my hotel after 11:00pm. Will I be able to get a taxi at the airport after curfew? I didn't want to order an uber ahead of time because I don't know exactly how long it will take to get luggage, take PCR test, etc.

Level Contributor
1,053 posts
130 reviews
140 helpful votes
5. Re: New curfew times.
Save

The taxi stand outside the airport right as you exit is open 24 hours / day. Can't miss it. Ask for a receipt as the cost of your trip is fixed according to location and is printed on the back of the receipt.

Edited: May 23, 2021, 3:28 am
USA
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
14 helpful votes
6. Re: New curfew times.
Save

great, thank you. I thought maybe they wouldn't be driving during curfew. If taxis are available, would I also be able to order an uber past 11:00pm? I know I can preorder one and send them my flight info (in case they get pulled over) but would I be able to order one past curfew when I land?

Level Contributor
1,053 posts
130 reviews
140 helpful votes
7. Re: New curfew times.
Save

I do not know if you can order one when you land. For example, when I try to order an Uber at 5:45 AM (just before curfew ends), I get a message that says no cars are available. I am under the impression Uber and Careem keep an eye on the curfew times and program their ride times accordingly. If you pre-schedule a driver, just be sure to send them your flight info or a screen shot of your itinerary so he knows time/flight/etc. The airport taxis are fairly decent and reasonably priced. You may only save $2-3 with Uber/Careem. The guy who coordinates the drivers speaks English so be sure to get a quote first and then ask for the receipt so that you can see on the back that he isn't taking advantage of you. I doubt it but if you come with lots of bags, sometimes they charge you 1 JD (about $1.40) per bag if you exceed 2. Be sure to ask up front if you are being charged for any bags. You don't want them adding stuff on that they shouldn't.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,011 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
8. Re: New curfew times.
Save

travelersusan .airport taxi is safe and cost around jd 22. its not worth the couple of dollars you may save on other taxis.

keep your receipt and be firm with them If driver tries to say your hotel is closed .He might try to sell you to another hotel where he can get commission. That is a common trick

raymond

amman pasha hotel

Reply to: New curfew times.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.