We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Luxury Hotels in Amman

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Hi

I am coming to Amman in June nd trying to find the best 5-star hotel in amman.

I am looking at several hotels but cant make up my mind. My criteria in selection is as follows:

1) Room Size and Cleanliness. i prefer spacious room with TV and bath.

2) Pools. I like a large external and internal pool for active swimming.

3) Gym. I like to have a nice spacious gym with treadmills or ellipticals.

4) Very Good Food.

Here the hotels i am considering and cant make a decision:

1) Four Seasons Hotel

2) St Regis Hotel

3) Grand Hyatt Amman

4) LeRoyal

5) Inter Continental

6) Marriott

7) Kempinski

8) Movenpeck

9) Fairmont

10)Crown Plaza

Which top 3 hotels that you recommend based on my criteria and your experience with these hotels?

Thanks,

21 replies to this topic
Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
16,019 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Check out Amman rotana hotel at abdali boulevard area abuzz with restaurants,cafes,bars and shopping mall complex.

from your list

four season fits the bill

i believe the newer the hotel the better the quality

, New hotels, fairmont and st.regis are among the latest modern hotels in amman

Grand Hyatt and Intercontinental are close to downtown advantage where tourists attractions are located

raymond

amman pasha hotel

Edited: May 13, 2021, 1:19 pm
San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Hi

Rotana seems to be 4 star hotel.

Have you seen the ROOMS and POOLS in the Four seasons compared to St Regis and Fairmont and Hyatt?

They have listed the room size at 500 SQ. FT which is a good size compared to others who have 300-400 SQ FT.

Also, do you know if there is discounted procing for jordanians citizens compared to American citizens? The booking.com site has only one price for anyone.

Edited: May 14, 2021, 6:20 am
Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,019 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Amman Rotana is 5 stars regarded best hotel in amman

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_AU_19670094265-SXf*g6yHRoMj1hrAxMlYRAS85657671985%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap%3Aneg;sid=689c923d072ba90a22120fe2a27e332d;city=-970362;expand_sb=1;highlighted_hotels=1142364;hlrd=no_dates;keep_landing=1;redirected=1;source=hotel;gclid=CjwKCAjwnPOEBhA0EiwA609ReegAE1piavl_EKgRzmjcRn_kUoZi6RviDSLvIXW4zKbAA6HZ38otFxoCL_AQAvD_BwE;sig=v1KtL20HFlroom1=A,A,;

you might got it mixed with this one

Boulevard Arjan by Rotana

both are in same complex at abdali

Over the years i stayed at most of the 5 star hotels in amman.i dnt take notice of the room size. i usually look for comfort how well appointed amenities ,and service .

considering present weak tourists market deal direct with hotel and get some discount they are desperate looking for business.

Myself as hotelier(budget hotel) I never knock back any offer from customers when they come to me direct ,in good and bad times

raymond

amman pasha hotel

Level Contributor
1,069 posts
130 reviews
140 helpful votes
4. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Tony, I have stayed at a number of 5-star hotels in Amman over the last few years. I think these top 3 are exceptional and rise far above the rest: St. Regis, 4 Seasons, and IHG. The rest aren't bad at all, just not as luxurious as my top 3 list in my opinion. All gyms had treadmills (that's kind of a given) and most had elliptical. The higher end hotels also offer butler service. There are more 5-stars in Amman than just what's on your list but I don't think any of them are more luxurious and offer the services that are on my top 3 list. I'll only comment on your list. The following are a few notes on each from memory.

1) Four Seasons Hotel - indoor and outdoor pools; fabulous in every aspect

2) St Regis Hotel - only outdoor pool; fabulous in every aspect

3) Grand Hyatt Amman - didn't stay overnight; been to the fabulous and very hip roof top lounge (probably closed during corona) and dined a few times in the restaurants which were good; has salsa night 1x/week; hotel looked a little dated/older

4) LeRoyal

5) Inter Continental - indoor and outdoor pools; excellent all around

6) Marriott - indoor and outdoor pools; standard 5 star hotel

7) Kempinski - don't recall seeing a pool but then again wasn't looking for it; don't think I saw an elliptical in the gym; very nice hotel

8) Movenpeck - wasn't a fan in Aqaba or Petra so not interested in trying Amman

9) Fairmont - outdoor pool; small indoor pool but not for laps; very nice hotel

10)Crown Plaza

As an FYI and I am not promoting these hotels but if you are a Bonvoy member (St. Regis and Marriott), you earn 6x points / $ for your stay.

9 posts
5. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Incidence of Covid restrictions on all these wonderful hotel facilities has also to be taken into account (that in Amman seem to be more strict than in the rest of the country). Indoors pools, spas and gyms, closed, as regards outdoors, at Easter we had a big dissapointment at Intercontinental when we arrived on a day with 30 º and were told that outdorr pool was closed due to Covid regulations. With current improvement of situation, may be rules are being relaxed.

Level Contributor
1,069 posts
130 reviews
140 helpful votes
6. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Yes, agree. Still best for travelers to contact the hotels they want to stay at and find out what amenities and services are not operational during their intended stay.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
7. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Hi

Do hotels in Jordan normally have different rates for jordanian citizens versus tourists?

If yes how much discount do locals get on average?

Also, is it better to book hotel online using Bookings.com or hotels.com or expedia or call the hotel directly to make a booking?

Thanks,

Edited: May 16, 2021, 1:30 am
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
130 reviews
140 helpful votes
8. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

When you book through 3rd party sites you don’t have much flexibility to make any changes if you need to. You may save a few dollars but if something last minute comes up you are SOL. That’s what happened to many travelers right when COVID hit and travel was restricted and they ended up losing their reservations. One company went out of business late spring 2020. Also, when you book directly with Acor, Kempinski, Marriott, etc, you earn points for future stays and miles on certain credit cards. You can’t do that with 3rd party providers.

As for Jordanian discounts, I asked a 5-star hotel manager I know and he said he isn’t aware of any. “Special” discounts are available but fall under other categories.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,019 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
9. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Tony when you book direct with your chosen hotel you save third party commission likely to be 15-20%.

hotels are not allowed to advertise prices less than price shown by 3rd party booking agents

May be if you deal direct with hotel can negotiate a special price privately

raymond

amman pasha hotel

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
10. Re: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Save

Hi

Thanks for the all the helpful information you all provided.

According to booking.com, the reservation has free cancellation and no prepayment needed so i dont see any risk of losing money,. I still am going to call hotel directly tomorrow to see their rates directly.

Based on photos, It seem Four Seasons is #1 in amman and has the most luxury furniture and rooms and fancy dining.

St Regis seems to be less luxurious than Four Seasons but has large nice outdoor pool.

The price for four seasons though is about $200 per night while St Regis is $150.

Thanks,

Edited: May 17, 2021, 12:00 pm
Reply to: Best Luxury Hotels in Amman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jordan
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.