We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for private car hire/licensed driver

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
5 helpful votes
Looking for private car hire/licensed driver
Save

Hello! I'm looking to visit Jordan for 10 days and need a private car hire/licensed driver. I got a quote that seems too expensive, so hope I can get some feedback on how much a trip like this would cost:

May 20 - Pick-up in Amman, Visit Mujib Reserve, Madaba, Mount Nebo. Drop-off in Dead Sea.

May 23 - Pick-up in Dead Sea and drop-off at Feynan Ecolodge

May 24 - Pick-up at Feynan Ecolodge and visit to Petra, then drop-off to accommodations.

May 26- Pick-up in Petra and drop off at accommodations in Wadi Rum.

May 28 - Pick-up in Wadi Rum and drop off to accommodations in Aqaba

May 31 - Pick-up at Amman airport and visit Jerash and Ajloun.

Thanks for all/any help and feedback!

5 replies to this topic
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
1. Re: Looking for private car hire/licensed driver
Save

There are many good recommended drivers in this forum.

Unless you mention the price how we could tell you if it’s high or reasonable?

My suggestion for you, if you are going to hike in Wadi El Mujeb, do it after the Dead Sea, on the way to Feynan Eco lodge, not before.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
16,019 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
2. Re: Looking for private car hire/licensed driver
Save

OP it appears you have a good idea of where you want to go and see which makes things easy.

at present time very low tourists season and drivers desperate for work .things can work in you favor .

in answer to your question , My estimate for above itinerary around jd 300

i guess you intend to take bus from aqaba to amman you dnt need car and driver for that leg

raymond

amman pasha hotel

Level Contributor
1,069 posts
130 reviews
140 helpful votes
3. Re: Looking for private car hire/licensed driver
Save

Hellskitchenfoodie, not sure how you are getting to Amman from Aqaba but one option is flying (if you are not already doing that). The bus ride is just over 5 hours. The flight is about 35 minutes. Not sure what prices are this week but I flew the RT several times the first few months this year and I paid $40-$50 (not JD) roundtrip. Tickets were dirt cheap. My flights were full because it was winter months and many who live in Amman have weekend escapes in Aqaba by the bay or sea so there is regular service back and forth. I did pay between $75-$100 in 2019 and 2020 but then again there were many more tourists in Jordan so demand was high.

If you want a few recommendations regarding licensed drivers who can accommodate all or some of your trips, feel free to PM me. You will want to reach out to a few drivers to get quotes for each leg of your trip because you will get quotes that run the gamut and as you have already presumed, some can literally be really expensive.

Lastly, I agree that it makes more sense to do Wadi Mujib after Dead Sea since it is about 15 minutes away heading in the direction of Petra.

Edited: May 11, 2021, 12:25 pm
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Looking for private car hire/licensed driver
Save

Hello Raymond - thank you for your response. So I'll be flying back to Amman from Aqaba on the morning of May 31. Both a tour company and a licensed driver recommended by a couple of people on this forum both quoted around 700-750JOD, so curious how you estimate 300JOD. If you know of someone reliable, safe and with an AC car who can do the above for that price, please message me!

Thank you, Bhavna

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
16,019 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
5. Re: Looking for private car hire/licensed driver
Save

@post 4 as per your request

pls check your PM

raymond

amman pasha hotel

Reply to: Looking for private car hire/licensed driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jordan
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.