We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit via Istanbul

9 posts
Transit via Istanbul
Save

Hello

I am looking to book a trip to Jordan from Amsterdam in April.

There are no direct flight and the most convenient option is to transit via Istanbul.

Will my Dutch PCR be valid to enter or do I need to do another one in Istanbul?

Also, is everything open (curfew aside)?

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
986 posts
130 reviews
137 helpful votes
1. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

Your PCR in Amsterdam is all you need. The rules are that your originating point is where the test needs to be taken so no need for another test in Istanbul unless you are staying there for some time. Everything is open but yes, you need to keep in mind the curfew and Friday lockdown rules.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

Regarding Friday lockdown we recommend you to spend it either in dead Dead Sea or Wadi Rum, as you will be able to access the beach or the pools at your hotel and in Wadi Rum you will be able to enjoy some in camp activities.

9 posts
3. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

Great thank you both!

To come back to Amsterdam I need to do a PCR 72h before travelling and also a rapid test 4h before travelling.

How easy are those to organize in Amman?

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

There are many testing locations that you can book a test and get the results within 24h, it's considered easy

Level Contributor
986 posts
130 reviews
137 helpful votes
5. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

Elisa, this is a detailed post about the testing procedures and the testing locations in Amman. I suggest you have your hotel tell the driver (taxi, Careem, or Uber) to take you to the nearest drive through testing lab and bring you back (you never get out of the car).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293985-i2131-k13484179-Covid_Test_in_Amman-Jordan.html#109226561

You may need to go twice as it takes a few hours (sometimes more than 4 hours) to receive the PCR results. The second time would be for the rapid test. This is the first I am hearing of a rapid test requirement, especially within 4 hours. You may need to ask the lab about that because ideally you should be at the airport 3 hours before your boarding time which will be cutting it close, especially in traffic unless you have a 2 AM or 4 AM flight.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
34 posts
105 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

Maybe a usefull tip.

Ryanair operates direct flights from Brussels to Amman. the fares can go as low as 59 euros for a two way trip. Travel via Brussels will also be easier since Belgium only asks for a pcr test while the Netherlands demands a pcr and a rapid test.

9 posts
7. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

Thanks both, will check out the link!

Canada
Level Contributor
483 posts
140 reviews
58 helpful votes
8. Re: Transit via Istanbul
Save

You might also want to take a look at Austrian Airlines which has good service to Amman.

Reply to: Transit via Istanbul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jordan
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.