We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way drop-off

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
53 reviews
16 helpful votes
One way drop-off
Save

Hello,

I am visiting Jordan during the last week of April. I'm flying into Amman and then heading to Petra (and to Wadi Rum/ Aqaba subsequently). I am wondering if I will be able to get a private taxi to take me from Amman to Petra (with a stopover at Madaba and Kerak en route). It'll be a one-way trip for the taxi. Are those easily available? Also, I am hoping to get an estimate of the cost. It'll be 2 people travelling. Thank you.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: One way drop-off
Save

you can take airport taxi direct from airport to Petra it is "airport Taxi" from outside terminal

cost around jd 75 fixed price per car

on the way back from Petra take a Private Taxi back to Amman with stop on the way visit madaba and nebo and may be more?

cheers

Raymond

Amman Free Walking Tour

Edited: 3 years ago
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
53 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: One way drop-off
Save

Thank you, Raymond, for the prompt response! This is very helpful.

I am staying 2 nights in Amman. So hoping to take the private taxi from my hotel in Downtown Amman to Petra for a one-way drop-off, with a couple of hours stopover at Madaba and Mt. Nebo.

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
41 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: One way drop-off
Save

it is my pleasure

staying in downtown Amman is the right choice ,you will enjoy as you find all tourists attractions are within walking distance.

that is the way to go to Petra with stopover Nebo,Madaba and possible Kerak castle

have great time

Raymond

Amman Free Walking Tour

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
4. Re: One way drop-off
Save

Ask the hotel to arrange the taxi for you. It's easier for you, very simple for the hotel and they will find somebody who offers a fair price.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
53 reviews
16 helpful votes
5. Re: One way drop-off
Save

Yeah, that's the idea - best to ask the hotel. But wanted to have a fair idea as to the price beforehand, so that I can budget accordingly

6. Re: One way drop-off

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 24, 2019, 12:18 pm
Get answers to your questions about Jordan
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.