We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?

Iran
4 posts
Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

Dear All, I book a ticket to visit turkey next week from turkish airline.

Since 14th Nov. Entering from my country to turkey if i already take 2 dose of covid vaccine, do not need to have a PCR test upon arrival at trukey. only need to get a HES Code before that.

so, my question is that, do i need PCR test for checkin to hotels or not, only HES code is enough?

hotel rules at booking.com (fronya hotel located at taksim sq.):

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.

In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.

Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.

Please inform Feronya Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.

Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.

Edited: November 28, 2021, 12:00 pm
13 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
19 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

I’m in Istanbul now. At hotel check-in, we were asked for passport, vaccination cards and HES for all members of the family. Masks are used indoors everywhere. Also, at various places of interests (eg Galata tower) they will ask for same documents to enter. Glad we carried them around with us everywhere

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
50,842 posts
63 reviews
236 helpful votes
2. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

I agree with cherrymama. Those documents like passport, proof of vaccination and HES codes will be asked in most places, if not everywhere.

İn all the metro stations there are large machines with pink displays to link your HES code with Istanbulkart. Just press on the arrows. This is essential for all public transport.

Enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
14 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

Private establishments can ask for anything they like.

So while the result of a PCR test is not legally obligatory for vaccinated travellers, the hotel can ask for a PCR test every six hours during your stay if they wish. *Check directly with your hotel.*

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
31 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

What about for those travellers who are not fully vaccinated for various reasons? - they would have had their test and negative certificate 48/72 hours before arrival into Turkey so I guess they would just show this certificate to the hotel if requested?

Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
14 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

It is up to individual hotels to decide whether or not to accept unvaccinated guests. Again, this is something that you need to check directly with your hotel.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
595 posts
18 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

Hello enigma, so now they have machines to link istanbulkart? 6 months back there was a website for it , which one would you recommended ? Also how to go about yue machines , we have our karts

Stamford...
Level Contributor
240 posts
79 reviews
38 helpful votes
7. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

Just came from Turkey (stayed in 3 cities) and none of the Hotels asked for HES Code, Vaccination card or Covid Test report.

Vaccination card (Proof of Vaccination) was asked while check-in for domestic flights, Buying Train Ticket once and Entering Galata Tower.

Edited: December 03, 2021, 3:32 am
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
50,842 posts
63 reviews
236 helpful votes
8. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

Aleena-Ray,. You do not need a Turkish phone or internet access to use the ones at the metro stations so they are more convenient to use.

Enigma...

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
455 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

I bought some Kokorec from the roadside stand and nobody asked me If I took 5th booster, this is outrageous, I already reported it to the Wuhan and Geneve.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
28 posts
244 reviews
325 helpful votes
10. Re: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Save

I just got back from a two week trip to Turkey. Not once was I asked to show my vaccination card or HES code. This includes customs when entering, hotels, buses, hotels, restaurants, and domestic flights. I didn't take the metro though. I only had to show the vaccination card for my international flight home.

Reply to: Does Istanbul hotel needs negative PCR Test?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.