We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 2 return to UK covid test

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
40 posts
46 reviews
158 helpful votes
Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

I am going to turkey this weekend and already have my day 2 return to UK antigen test. I am fully vaccinated Has anything changed this week as I am hearing you now need a PCR test and to self isolate. Is that correct? My travel agent website Jet2 is still just saying antigen. Grateful for any answers asap

21 replies to this topic
Didim, Turkey
Level Contributor
821 posts
30 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

Official statement from BJ

We're not going to stop people travelling'

Boris Johnson told a Downing Street press conference on Saturday: "We're not going to stop people travelling, I want to stress that, we're not going to stop people travelling, but we will require anyone who enters the UK to take a PCR test by the end of the second day after their arrival and to self-isolate until they have a negative result.

"Second, we need to slow down the spread of this variant here in the UK, because measures at the border can only ever minimise and delay the arrival of a new variant rather than stop it all together."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16868683/omnicron-covid-uk-variant-news-symptoms-coronavirus-boris-johnson/

I hope this clears it up

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
40 posts
46 reviews
158 helpful votes
2. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

Thankyou very much. I'm away at moment and haven't seen news. I wonder how they know from your order if it's antigen or PCR, as my antigen test I had ordered just says day 2 covid test and doesn't specify

Didim, Turkey
Level Contributor
821 posts
30 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

On your return form you have to enter the code you were given when you ordered your test, it won’t let you go any further without the correct code. Unfortunately no one will have traveled yet to confirm this, so I can’t speculate. Perhaps look back on TA later in the week.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
10,528 posts
53 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

The records/ barcodes, etc will identify what type of test it is.

Keep an eye on UK govt official updates before you return. 8 day isolation and test being discussed today.

Level Contributor
82 posts
5. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

8 day isolition for what coming back from turkey? First ive heard

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
40 posts
46 reviews
158 helpful votes
6. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

Thankyou

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
14 reviews
26 helpful votes
7. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

Traveller......

Downing Street has rejected a call from the Scottish and Welsh goverments for all arrivals in the UK to be made to spend eight days in isolation to reduce the spread of the Omicron variant.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2021/nov/29/uk-covid-live-omicron-cases-england-scotland-health-minister-vaccines-coronavirus-latest-update

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
50,824 posts
63 reviews
236 helpful votes
8. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

Thanks for the update Missy-moo. UK government has made a very sensible decision.

Enigma...

manchester uk
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
17 helpful votes
9. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

I accept no official UK days of isolation period but when you take into account you have to isolate for two days prior to taking PCR test then send this off via post with the best will in the world the results are going to be approximately 72 hours later this is at best 5 days to tag onto your return plus what are the costs now of these tests

Didim, Turkey
Level Contributor
821 posts
30 reviews
29 helpful votes
10. Re: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Save

The day 2 test can be taken the minute you arrive, larger airports like Manchester etc have onsite testing that’s pre booked time slots. So theoretically you can have the results back by day two if it’s been well planned by yourself. Will all depend on demand and facilities

Reply to: Day 2 return to UK covid test
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Turkey
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.