We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
116 reviews
39 helpful votes
Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

Just wondering what the taxi drivers are charging from the airport to around the Central Market area?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20,643 posts
5 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

Hello Daniel,

If you take one of the new Toyota "official" airport taxis you will pay $11 or $12 depending just where your hotel is located within the city. These drivers know exactly where to take you.

But if you already know the city and speak a little Khmer then there are cheaper, older taxis in the parking lot looking for fares back to town for circa $7 or $8.

But if a first time visitor I recommend you take one of the "official" taxis. You will be approached by their dispatcher immediately upon exiting the terminal building.

Best regards. Ian

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
116 reviews
39 helpful votes
2. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

Thanks Ian!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

I took a taxi from the airport to The Pavilion where I was staying and it was $15. We later walked to Central Market from the hotel. It was a longish, but manageable walk.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20,643 posts
5 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

Hello Claudia,

$15 from Pochentong airport to the Pavilion was a tad much even in a new taxi.

Best regards. Ian

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
128 posts
43 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

Ian, if I'm remembering correctly that was the price, and it was an official taxi dispatched from the airport. At least the original poster can use it as a high point.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
140 posts
6. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

There's a price list at the official taxi stall.

Do double check what they charge. Last time, they tried to trick me into a higher tariff!

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
7. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

I walked outside the airport and got a tuktuk for $6 to the same area.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
10 posts
79 reviews
43 helpful votes
8. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

Actually, not really as now the Airport taxi fare without transparency. I used to be paid from Airport to TK Avenue area, it cost $12. Afterwards, the driver keep ask for tips again.

http://www.cambodia-airports.aero/passenger-guide/services-facilities#anchor

else, you can check the taxi counter before out of the gate, if not, taxi driver most the time will try to cheat as they can get more.

Sometime, if you willing to wait, give a call to meter-taxi Choice Taxi, there are around airport area.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
13 posts
112 reviews
103 helpful votes
9. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

The posted sign in front of the booth that gives taxi vouchers clearly shows that it's $9 to most areas. The airport website says the same thing. But they will tell you it's $12 anyway and play dumb. I insisted and they gave me the $9 taxi voucher (the yellow slip with a picture of a taxi and the $9 stamp). As far as I can tell, they've all just agreed to charge foreigners $12, contrary to the official rate, hoping that the foreigners can't read, don't notice, or don't know where their hotel is on the map. But if you insist, they back down. The fact that they have the $9 voucher, hidden behind the counter, suggests that it is still the official rate (for the closer areas).

Then, at the curb, they tried to push me into a tuk tuk. Eventually, it all worked, but it was a battle.

Edited: 8 years ago
10. Re: Taxi from International Airport to Central Market area

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Phnom Penh
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.