We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-Visa questions

usa
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
e-Visa questions

1) Do they really process it in 3 working days?

2) I wear glasses - my passport has a photo with glasses - should my photo for the e-Visa be with our without glasses?

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: e-Visa questions

The new passport photo requirement for the US is without glasses - so if you get new photos to use for a visa they will be eyeglass free. My current passport has photo with glasses, my extra passport photos are eyeglass free - I don't think using the evisa they will have an issue with either, but I use one of the photos that is eyeglass free. And yes, it typically is processed in three working days (don't forget they are about 12 hours ahead of us). I usually apply about a month prior to needing it just to have it done.

usa
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: e-Visa questions

Great! I will also use 1 without glasses then

Can I use a photo taken on cell phone? Will I need a actual photo print of the same photo at port of entry?

Thanks

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: e-Visa questions

I don't see why you couldn't take a photo with a cell phone - and no, you won't need to show another photo at port of entry - just two copies printed out of your evisa - they'll keep one and staple the other copy into you passport (sometimes they keep one copy, sometimes not). Just make sure when you upload the photo that it's a jpeg - if the size is too large it won't upload.

usa
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: e-Visa questions

Thanks for this information.

1 more related question - do they make the eVisa valid from date of expected entry I enter in the application or the date they approve the visa? I see "validity of 3 months" - not sure when the 3 months start

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,461 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: e-Visa questions

Hi,

The evisa is valid for three months from the date your evisa is granted. So you could enter Cambodia on he 89tg day the visa is valid and stay for 30 days or you could enter the day after it's issued.

You should take this into account when you apply.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
usa
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: e-Visa questions

Thanks!

This means the date I enter for "Date you intend to enter Cambodia" on the application is redundant as far as visa validity is concerned

Mentioned in this post
lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,461 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: e-Visa questions

Hi,

Well it's not redundant but it doesn't have to be the date you enter, just the date you plan to enter.

I suspect it's to check that you aren't applying too early. Obviously don't apply more than 3 months before you go.

Cheers

usa
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: e-Visa questions

If I enter "Add of intended entry" as September 20, 2017 - does it show up in printed eVisa?

Will I have issue if I really enter on 19 September or 22 September?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,461 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: e-Visa questions

Hi,

You won't have an issue.

Cheers

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: e-Visa questions

The evisa is only valid for 90 days from the date of issue - that 90 days includes up to a 30 day stay. So you cannot enter the country on the 89th day after the visa has been issued and then stay for 30 days. Once the visa has been issued you can enter the country at any time within that 90 day period, but you can only stay for 30.

Reply to: e-Visa questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted