We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??

Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??

Hi everyone,

I will be in Hanoi on 27th Sep 2018 till 16th Oct and then flying to Ho Chi Minh on till 29th Oct..

A few days ago I realized I will be overstaying my stay in Hanoi as I am only allowed 15 days at a time so I was thinking perhaps I can fly to HK for few days and return back to take my flight to HCMC.

Please if anyone can help me out, Is it possible to do so?? I know in Dubai certain passport holders if they enter visa on arrival and stay 30 to 90 days they have to stay out of the country for 90 days before entering again...

I tried to call Vietnam Embassy or consulate no ANSWER!!!!!!

Any help will be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
The Chi Boutique Hotel
The Chi Boutique Hotel
580 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,601 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??

So you have a UK passport?

Why not just get a 3 month VOA?

Scott

Level Contributor
480 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??

Hi

Not sure how you did not realize that 27th September to 28th October is more than 15 days :-P

Am I correct that by you saying ' I am only allowed 15 days at a time' that you are talking about the free VISA exemption? If so then to get another you must leave Vietnam for 30 days before you can re enter on another free one. AND they are not extendable.

As your stay in Vietnam is more than 30 days then you have no option than to apply for a 3 month Vietnam VISA either on arrival or by sending your passport to your nearest Vietnamesse Embassy.

Regards

Disardo

Edited: July 18, 2018, 4:28 pm
Mentioned in this post
Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??

Hi Scott, Yes UK passport holder, I wasn't aware if I can get 3 month VOA, do you know how much it cost???

Any paperwork required? for 3 months VOA, apart from passport which is valid for more than 6 months and enough pages for the stamp,

Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it, yes slight mishap on my part as I got confused with my Stay in Taiwan which is VOA for 90 days to Vietnam until another mate reminded me.. I know I realized my mistake..

once again thank you for your reply.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,601 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??

Here Ali, read here -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

You'll pay for the approval letter up front, and then you pay a stamping fee at the airport.

FWIW, and before you ask, we use vietnamvisapro.net

Scott

Edited: July 18, 2018, 5:03 pm
Reply to: UK passport holder can do visa run after 15 days of stay??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted