We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Year Multiple Entry Business Visa - US Citizen

Makawao, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
1 Year Multiple Entry Business Visa - US Citizen

Greetings. Am considering a 1 year, multiple entry business visa for US Citizen (DN Visa). My understanding is that I will NOT have to leave Vietnam every 90 days. However, will I have to report to the local immigration office every 90 days? If living in Nha Trang is there an immigration office there? I've read that holders of 1 year business Visas need to report to the local police department and provide documents for them to open a "file". Then, every 90 days, the visa holder needs to take the "file" to the local immigration office where they stamp some documents and the visa holder must return the updated "file" to the police department. Can anyone confirm what the reporting requirement is for this class of visa holder? THANK YOU.

2 replies to this topic
Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
735 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Year Multiple Entry Business Visa - US Citizen

I'm not American but hold a 12 month business visa, I dont have to leave every 90 days nor do I have to report to immigration every 90 days. I do need to register with the local police when I renew my visa.

I know a few Americans here and the same process applies to them as well.

Makawao, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Year Multiple Entry Business Visa - US Citizen

Perfect. Thank You!!

Reply to: 1 Year Multiple Entry Business Visa - US Citizen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted