We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

My husband & I engaged Mr. Niel Zeng for our recent trip to Taiwan. We were there from Mar 1-11, 2014. I highly recommend him to take you around. He is very helpful, courteous & really appreciate his safe driving skills . I really admire how he can drive both in a busy Taipei city roads & also maneuver through narrow winding mountain roads.

As we were unable to read or understand Chinese, Niel was very helpful to translate a lot of things for us. We had breaks in between where we wanted to experience the trains rides. We took the train from Taipei to Hualien and he drove all the way down to pick us up at the station. Initially we communicated via email prior to my arrival. When we got there, we just kept in contact with whatsapp so that he knows when it's ready to pick us up.

He even bought tickets for us first and cos he bought it early, we even got a discount for early birds.

We travelled down to Alishan on 7th Mar. By the time we arrived and had dinner it was already around 8.30 and had to wake up and get in line by 3.30am to purchase the ticket for the train ride to watch the sunrise. Niel was so kind to queue for us & suggested we catch up with more sleep. I buzzed him at 3am and he was already in queue!!

There are just too many good things to say about Niel, but I will keep it short here. All I can say is my Taiwan trip was very memorable - More than what I expected really & I can say that Niel played a good part of it.

Neil Zeng

E: boxiongzeng@gmail.com

M: +886963369086

Enjoy your trip!

Waterloo, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

hi ping101,

Is Neil Zeng based in Taipei?

Did you hire him for round the island tour? Or what places did you hire him for?

Appreciate your input. We will be in Taiwan in mid May.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

Yes he is actually based both in Taipei & HuaLien. He is quite flexible and is able to meet you anywhere on the island. Yes I hired him round the island: YangMingShan National Park - Stopped over at a hotspring - JinShan Old Street - Yehlui Geopark - Jiufen - Nanya Rock Formations - Golden Waterfall - HuaLien - Chinsui Cliff - Taroko Gorge - Bilu Devine tree - Hehuan Mt - CingJing Farm - Green Green Grassland / Swiss Garden, - Sun Moon Lake - Alishan. Basically when we were in Taipei City itself we bought the 1 day metro/bus day pass. It's pretty easy to get around as the signages have English, so you can easily get around. We were quite spontaneous at times and Niel accomodated us and dropped us where we wanted to go and waited till we were ready to pick up.

Niel is a great driver. You won't be dissapointed. Plus point, he speaks really good English so you won't have problems trying to figure what he's saying.

Buzz me if you need any more info. Try to book him early if you are interested. He's got quite a busy schedule as well.

Cheerio!

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

Hi, thanks for sharing! We need an english speaking cabby as well. how many of you travelled in his vehicle? Thanks! Cheers!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

Just my husband and myself.

singapore
Level Contributor
93 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

Hi,

Can you share his daily rental rent and number of hours too?

Many thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

He charge based on scenic spot/time and distance. Perhaps you can contact him directly. He will be able to give you a more accurate pricing. Check out his fb. Facebook.com/yellowtunas

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

We recently used Neil and would highly recommend him. His car and his services are invaluable. HE speaks perfect English (heavy Australian accent :) ) and drives around the car at nice pace and is extremely family friendly.

Would vouch for him strongly...

8. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: January 24, 2016, 10:25 am
Leuven, Belgium
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

Hi Ping101,

How long was your trip so that you could visit so many places? "YangMingShan National Park - Stopped over at a hotspring - JinShan Old Street - Yehlui Geopark - Jiufen - Nanya Rock Formations - Golden Waterfall - HuaLien - Chinsui Cliff - Taroko Gorge - Bilu Devine tree - Hehuan Mt - CingJing Farm - Green Green Grassland / Swiss Garden, - Sun Moon Lake - Alishan".

Any places you don't recommend for children?

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Highly Recommended Cab Driver - Neil Zeng

Hello Oanh,

I was there for 11 days. Most places have lots of steps and staircases so if you are planning to bring a stroller, it's going to be a hassle, but otherwise I think it's good for children to visit. Perhaps visiting the zoo and taking the gondola would be great for kids too.

Cheers!