We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly recommend a visit

new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
15 helpful votes
Highly recommend a visit
Save

We visited Nepal last November (and have been meaning to post since!). My husband and I are not trekkers, but we had a terrific trip to Kathmandu, the surrounding Kathmandu Valley and Pokhara and enjoyed the Himalyan mountains from a more distant view. We are told that life is normalizing in Nepal and in the Pokhara region, there was very little disruption. We did several day hikes (including the Peace Pagoda in Pokhara) and my husband did a handgliding flight that he loved. We found Kathmandu and Patan to be fascinating and rich with history and energy. We used a company called Friends in High Places (www.fihp.com) run by a Nepali and an American expat who were so helpful and attentive. (Even though much of their focus is on more serious trekking, they created the perfect itinerary for us). The tour guides made the trip special and we got to know them (and in one case, the whole family), making the trip truly unforgettable.

1. Re: Highly recommend a visit

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 08, 2016, 1:17 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.