We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone had experience with Washington DC Nepali embassy?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Anyone had experience with Washington DC Nepali embassy?
Save

Well, things change daily. If I am keeping track, I read on here, trekking companies were issuing visas, then NOT issuing visas, to the latest is they ARE issuing visas?

Very frustrating indeed as I sent my passport to the Nepali embassy, specifically the one at Washington DC. Then I was told maybe you shouldn't do that unless you check with them first. So after all the drama and trauma I still screwed up sending my visa off somewhere to an embassy that may or may not help me out when I could get a trekking company visa.

I feel I live in the land of Jabberwocky.

So a very specific question I have, does anyone have specific experience sending their passport to the Washington DC Embassy specifically???? If you did, how long did it take to get your visa back?

I got all hopeful I was about to get my visa back because I got a notice from UPS that "shipment is ready of pickup." But I think that is just because I already filled the UPS information on the shipping envelope, so they know there is an envelope that I prepared and has nothing to do with what the embassy has actually done. So, again, my hopes go up...and then they go down.

3 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
115 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Anyone had experience with Washington DC Nepali embassy?
Save

Hi,have you considered contacting a company that procures visas for people.I know that you have already mailedin your passport but perhaps a visa company could look into it for you .They may have many clients in the same boat as you and they may also have more sway with the embassy compared to an individual.Travisa has offices in Houston,Washington D.C.,and many other cities and countries.It can't hurt to call.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
2. Re: Anyone had experience with Washington DC Nepali embassy?
Save

Tom, I will give that some thought. The passport was received by them just this past Wednesday, so hopefully the next week or two will be fruitful. Thanks!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
3. Re: Anyone had experience with Washington DC Nepali embassy?
Save

Update: I just checked my UPS tracking number and my postage prepaid return package from the Embassy of Nepal has been shipped, God willing with my passport and visa to Nepal enclosed. This notice came 8 days after they received my package on March 24, today being April 1.

I suffered a great deal of anxiety awaiting this news, as it was impossible to reach them on the phone and my initial email went unanswered. A follow-up email was answered that the visa had been issued, with no further information.

So let's see how it goes from here. Now I can focus on the other requirements of the trip, Covid testing, etc. (I have received both vaccine doses.)

Thanks for all of the support. See you in Nepal , arriving April 19th!

Reply to: Anyone had experience with Washington DC Nepali embassy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.