We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbike trips in Nepal

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
69 reviews
52 helpful votes
Motorbike trips in Nepal
Save

Any recommendations or concerns for a motorbike trip?

4 replies to this topic
Nepal
Level Contributor
659 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Motorbike trips in Nepal
Save

For the sake of full disclosure - I operate a motorcycle tour company in Nepal. And, I'm not promoting that here.

However, I'd be happy to help provide general info if it would help.

Overall, your options are to go with a fully guided trip, or rent and go it alone. Depending where you want to go, you may be better of on a guided trip.

I will say, nearly every guide company does the same route, which is into the Mustang Valley. It's a great ride that I've done at least a dozen times, but most companies offer it because - it's easy. The trips start/end in Pokhara and use lodges and small hotels. So it's cheap and easy to offer. But, it can get super crowded and it's not the most imaginative route and you could be riding with 200 other motorcycle tourists on an "adventure."

By contrast, the rest of the country to the west is VASTLY unexplored by motorcycle tour companies because there are virtually no hotels, restaurants, or services. In my opinion the experience is a million times better, but to my knowledge only one company goes west. I wonder how I know that. ;)

Edited: 1 year ago
Nepal
Level Contributor
659 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Motorbike trips in Nepal
Save

As for concerns, you should have none. That said, you will need to be an experienced rider with excellent judgement. Riding in Nepal is truly great, but you need to keep your wits about you. Traffic is chaotic and includes buses, trucks, scooters, cows, dogs, chickens, kids, and buffalo. The roads are even more interesting with potholes, cracks, oil patches, mud, sand, and more. Keep in mind, all the above is why many people go back time and time again.

Message me if you would like recommendations for tours, not that I will encourage you to take one of ours. There are other great companies in Nepal.

3. Re: Motorbike trips in Nepal

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 19, 2020, 3:50 pm
Edited: May 19, 2020, 3:50 pm

4. Re: Motorbike trips in Nepal

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 06, 2020, 1:24 am

Reply to: Motorbike trips in Nepal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.