We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu
Save

I'm planning to do a Ghorepani-Poonhill trek and I was wondering if there are any direct buses going from Nayapul/Lumle to Kathmandu (need to catch my flight after the trek) or do I need to change in Pokhara?

Thanks for any info!

Bavaria, Germany
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
1. Re: Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu
Save

I'd be surprised if there are. If you are lucky you can get to Pokhara at night after finishing your trek but that depends on when you arrive in Nayapul or Lumre or if there is a taxi waiting. A bus ride to Kathmandu from Pokhara takes the wohle day. A flight is much faster but unreliable.

All that considered if your flight is on D0, finish your trekking early on D-2.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
121 reviews
61 helpful votes
2. Re: Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu
Save

Yes, plan to arrive Kathmandu the DAY BEFORE your international flight.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
3. Re: Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu
Save

Hi Joanna

I vaguely remember reading on here there were Baglung-KTM buses which would pass Nayapul and Lumle (I searched but the search function on here is rubbish). Others will know better. I do not know how you would recognise this bus and whether it would have space. I would take the first bus bus to Pokhara and get one to KTM.

Moreover, I too would plan to get to KTM the day before the international flight.

Good luck.

scoodly

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu
Save

Thank you for all the info!

I have two days in Kathmandu before my flight (have been in Nepal for a while and know the adventure of traveling by bus here 😅), I also saved a "spare" night in my schedule after the trek, so hopefully I can catch sth in the very early morning and get to KTM directly without staying in Pokhara ;)

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
5. Re: Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu
Save

If sleeping at Nayapul or Lumles you should be able to get a bus to Pokhara and then one to KTM to reach KTM the same day easily enough.

scoodly

6. Re: Bus from Nayapul or Lumle to Kathmandu

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 20, 2019, 12:41 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.