We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping bag requiered on mardi himal?

Zeist, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Sleeping bag requiered on mardi himal?
Save

We are going to walk the mardi himal trip in november. Is it necessary to bring a warm sleeping bed or are there blankets in the accomodations? Petra Blommendaal

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
61 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Sleeping bag requiered on mardi himal?
Save

Hi Petra

There are normally some blankets available in the lodges but most people prefer to ring a sleeping bag. If you don't own a bag yourself you can hire them for about USD1 per day in either Kathmandu or Pokhara.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
2. Re: Sleeping bag requiered on mardi himal?
Save

Hi Petra

I trekked Mardi Himal in early February this year and all the lodges I stayed in and looked at provided blankets. I can't confirm this is the case for every lodge. This was low season and November is high season so it is possible there will not be enough go around - those who have been there in Nov. will know better. Cleanliness can be an issue but a sleeping bag liner or sleeping sheet might be a sufficient 'barrier'.

I would take a sleeping bag to ensure you are warm enough. Are you trying to keep your pack weight low?

scoodly

3. Re: Sleeping bag requiered on mardi himal?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 18, 2019, 1:41 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.